• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

supercharger

I am think of going supercharged but cannot find the info on the one I want to buy. I was thinking of going with a Vortech V9 G trim and mounting it on the passenger side. I know there will be problems with the coolant tank and routing intake lines. Is this supercharger going to be able to support a 2.5 or even possibly 3.0 liter. Any unforeseen problems before I jump into this. The pulley, belt and bracket will be no problem for me. just trying to dip my hand into the knowledge base here.
Thanks
Joe

AFAIK there were reliability problems with the vortech sc and were withdrawn. i think i read / heard somewhere that this has been resolved but am unsure.

yea the jackshaft problem. That was run on the waterpump side ie drivers side. Also that was a v1 s trim supercharger. I want to run mine off the crankshaft pulley.:)

talk to chris (blackcoog) i have personally seen his setup and bracketry, you could possibly get him to just sell you the bracketry, or a whole kit. it's a nice setup. i have chris's old TK setup that is also mounted the same way. remember you have to drill holes in the sheetmetal in the front, which could mean bad things for a frontal crash....

yea the jackshaft problem. That was run on the waterpump side ie drivers side. Also that was a v1 s trim supercharger. I want to run mine off the crankshaft pulley.:)

I'd like to know where you're getting your information... You either are just talking completely out of your ass or who ever told you this is retarded.

The jackshaft runs across the front of the engine and runs off the accessory drive (ie driven by the crankshaft), NOT the Waterpump drive! The blower is a V9SQ, not a V1 S-trim.

You really need to do some research on the subject before posting aimlessly.
-Mark

I'd like to know where you're getting your information... You either are just talking completely out of your ass or who ever told you this is retarded.

The jackshaft runs across the front of the engine and runs off the accessory drive (ie driven by the crankshaft), NOT the Waterpump drive! The blower is a V9SQ, not a V1 S-trim.

You really need to do some research on the subject before posting aimlessly.
-Mark

Well I thought someone said that it was ran off the water pump side but I never seen it myself so you are probably right. As for the supercharger I found this link which they say it is a V-5-d trim which would make us both wrong, but I not here for the pissing contest
.http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0210tur_2002_bolt_on_boost_part_4/
Mark I have talked to you at meets, and know these cars a lot better than me. I am still looking to supercharger soon, does vortech still sell the tuner kit? Maybe that would be my best opportunity.
thanks
Joe

Unfortunately no, they did stop selling tuner kits even though they still have all the parts available for replacements.

If you want to swing by and look at the set up first hand shoot me a PM and I'll give you my address. I'll be around all this week and most of next.
-mark

Back