• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$150 buys you a contour these days...

Great buy, the colour screams grandma but for $150 and the immaculate Duratec etc. more than makes up for it.

Are you planning on flipping it?:shrug:

I prefer to drive my '95 LX. It's got at least 30k more miles than my SVT's and drives 100x nicer. The suspension is tight, and nothing creaks and clunks like the SVT's. :blackeye:

Updated

Updated

Started working on it... Almost have no time to work on it so it's 2 hours every day. So far I've spent:
$40 flex pipe
$19 used pump
$120 CMX Rotors and pads.
$80 All Fluids

Minus $50 that my tenant paid for cleaning up headlights for his Taurus...
2mc6esh.jpg

Progress so far:
Pump and Flex are in, all fluids flushed. Cleaned up that nasty graffiti mark.

2jachhy.jpg

jaxa0y.jpg

ve6809.jpg

73jiix.jpg

Harness recall was done on this one but this wire flaked for some reason...
65cosk.jpg

Cleaning as I go
107w4tf.jpg

2cges75.jpg

The dark side of the engine:)
2niba6s.jpg

You sure that's not a '97? Last year of the pre98 had those wheels and that sport badge. Not a bad pickup at all.

You sure that's not a '97? Last year of the pre98 had those wheels and that sport badge. Not a bad pickup at all.

+1

Earlier pre98's didn't have those wheels. They had either the SE 7-spokes or the 5-spokes, but not the 6-spokes.

EDIT: Check the VIN. Tenth digit from the left. If it is a T then it is a 1996, but if it is a V then it is a 1997

No, only 95's were blank. Early 95's. Hence why they are SO rare. I would estimate the changeover happened around the same time as the cable-driven speedo....

Wrong. 95-97's were all blank. 95 were most different. Plastic ring around the oil cap. 95 will not fit on later cars.

I can't tell you how many times people have offered cash for mine. :laugh: Good job on the clean up and fixes.

Back