• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pud Air Box vs NPG fenerwell kit

l_460bde7db15641cbaa0ffd92b5458b32.jpg

You're either inexperienced or a God.

The welding itself, yeah welding a bend and a straight tube together would take about 10 minutes. Not saying the entire process would...

Coupler on the MAF, bend going straight to the fender and then another coupler for the actual unit. Or if I wanted to put the MAF in the fender then there is that option too. All the sensor bungs and whatnot are already in place on my Injen kit.

Just need to get that pesky battery out of the engine bay which may become a project next month.

FWIW, the restriction in the factroy intake is in the fender snorkel.
Because the fender is a structual part of the car, it could not be enlarged in the SVT without doing new crash tests, so that is where in the bottle neck really is.

hahaha, yeah, me likey, but that does require the battery in the trunk.

Brent372 said:
FWIW, the restriction in the factroy intake is in the fender snorkel.
Because the fender is a structual part of the car, it could not be enlarged in the SVT without doing new crash tests, so that is where in the bottle neck really is.

thats why I smashed that hole bigger with a hammer, then ran a bunch of ghetto rigged tubing all the way out to the driver side fog light opening...

this required some cutting to the inner fender bracket that holds the bumper up as well though...

it's hard to describe, too much off the top ghetto-engineering to try and describe with words though.

lets just say it involved an SVT/K&N air box/tube, a leaf-blower tube, a ranger intake, an auto-zone intake, a BFH, a grinder, scissors, some couplers, and lots of hose clamps.

it seems to breath fine for my 04 3.0, but I wish it was a little louder.

flat black paint is your friend...

lets just say it involved an SVT/K&N air box/tube, a leaf-blower tube, a ranger intake, an auto-zone intake, a BFH, a grinder, scissors, some couplers, and lots of hose clamps.

it seems to breath fine for my 04 3.0, but I wish it was a little louder.

flat black paint is your friend...

For what all of that probably cost you, you could have just bought an NPG CAI.

how much? does it have a drop in yet?

idk, I like the idea, but I think I might like the idea of hiding the pipe from a FMIC with my svt box more...

I'm standing by the stock intake with K&N drop-in. Enclosed on all sides and draws from the fender. Those Ford engineers were onto something...

i agree. i like my lightning airbox, but the stock setup with a good filter drop in is just as good. all you gotta do is remove the screen in it once you get the better filter, and your set. however i do think the stock MAF is a little bit of a restriction once you go 3L.

whats the point of removing the screen? is it that big of a restriction? I left mine in, but it's easy as a new orleans hooker to take it out....

Back