• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

165,000 mile paint

cuda06

Veteran CEG'er
Pretty much all of the paint other than the rear bumper on this car has 165k miles on it.

100_0748.jpg

100_0749.jpg

100_0750.jpg

Not too bad, huh?

It looks really nice!

I should post mine D:

The only bad is that i have some paint coming off the front bumper, and there is a mark on the driver side door right now..looks like someone kicked it and just left the rubber.

189k miles ^.^

my thoughts exactly i was like dang those wheels look good but why on earth did they put weights on the outside :blackeye:

Balances the wheel better. Tape on weights inside are usually only for static balancing or not much better than static. Dynamic balancing using the outer edge of the wheel is best. Sometimes function is better than aesthetics.

Chalk one up to Discount Tire for the weights. It bothered me at first but then I just never got around to doing anything about it and now it doesn't bother me as much. Hopefully I will remember to say something about it next time around.

The car gets waxed a couple times a year. It has been in Texas its whole life though and I am only the second owner. The original owner bought it as a birthday present to himself when he turned 40.

Not many people cared for the wheels when I first posted them up on here. I guess things change...

Balances the wheel better. Tape on weights inside are usually only for static balancing or not much better than static. Dynamic balancing using the outer edge of the wheel is best. Sometimes function is better than aesthetics.

wheels balance just fine with a hammered on weight on the inside and tape weights right behind the spokes

what about cars that have no outer lip on the edge of the rim like my volvo?

nice looking car. that's what a pretty consistent and dry climate will do for you though...

Back