• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another one comes home

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
I think Mike and I have had 10 Contours between us.:help: This one will be a part out. Had a rough life.:blackeye:

standard.jpg

I hate to see an SVT scraped but I could use a passenger side skirt or at least the jack point covers.

yes I would do it. I've seen my neighbor do it in his back yard with no garage. not to bad you just have to drill the spot welds out and use those holes to weld in the new core support. if that won't work you can cut it and weld plates on the inside of the joint. I do realize parting is the easy more profitable way to go. but I would much rather prefer a front end collision over a rear even though those are repairable too as long as the whole body is bent all to :censored::censored::censored::censored:

honestly you can't really tell the extent of the damage until the sheetmental is off but frame shops can do amazing things and aren't all that expensive if you do the unbolting. a different neighbor bought a rolled chevy silverado and it was nasty the cab was all bent up to the point of not being able to fit doors or windshield. but he took it apart and loosely bolted new sheet metal (hood and fendors and took it to a frame shop because it was beyond his expertise and they straightend it all out and got the cab back in the right location on the frame all for like $350 I was amazed I thought the truck wasn't saveable without a new cab.

it is hard to tell the condition from the pics but most of it looks to be body thought I know plastic bumpers can hide alot you can do alot with a sledge hammer if it isn't out of spec to much.

The car has had a tough life. Was used as a kid hauler mainly. It would clean up but not worth the effort. Dash is the worst I've seen. I'd need to buy fender, front bumper, hood and pay to have the core worked on. Not worth it at all. Plus how else is Joe going to pimp his trailer?

you could save your rear bumper and side skirts until august and I would buy them. Maybe earlier, but for sure I would have money then....:rolleyes:

yeah right, like that would happen. But yeah, core support is easy to replace. Idk what kinda problems there might be with the subframe, but the rest of the damage would pull out pretty easy, then replace the core support. but yeah.... you dont want to spend that kinda money fixing it up, there's a lot to replace, let it die with dignity and save some other needy contours right?

I say save the SVT sacrifice the ATX and the 4 cylinders

but I understand from a money standpoint you are doing the right thing.

I really hate dash curl.... yuk I'm not looking forward to fixing mine.:cry:

Posts about parts should be deferred to the classifieds thread todras has made in the classifieds. Otherwise you can PM him. Please keep posts about buying things out of this thread. Thanks.

Back