• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tallest 3l lower intake manifold

If cad drawings are holding you up lmk.

PS: I never said anything about jb weld. That was only if he was doing a hybrid.

well I can measure the one on my jag to see the how tall it is.
img1236617546708-1.jpg

livin, are you going with these valve covers for the new PCV style or because your going to use COP?

because 02-03 plastic valve covers have the threaded inserts for COP.

i see no other reason to use those valve covers then. seems like too much work. the pcv system change isnt that substantial

+1, screw all that PITA just for a better pcv system

pcv does little in the first place, lowers oil acidity, thats about it.

since I run synthetic at about 3k miles, it really isn't going to help me much.

i think that livin's problem is under high boost the PCV isn't working right on the old system. who knows. i'll let it be, cuz he knows what he's doing (exept i still think he needs a msd or something for upgraded spark)

Changing out the valve covers is not a difficult task. Was only a slight issue due to my manifold setup. The old pcv worked fine, this was to simplify the system and also to improve. Pcv at the VC vs the valley, pics up less oil. And pcv is important, especialy to computer controlled cars.

Its all done now anyway

Did you took a picture of the spacer before you installed it?

Probably not.... The drawing was good for the Taurus LIM but I had to change it for the ST220 LIM. Quite a few differences for overall size.

Changing out the valve covers is not a difficult task. Was only a slight issue due to my manifold setup. The old pcv worked fine, this was to simplify the system and also to improve. Pcv at the VC vs the valley, pics up less oil. And pcv is important, especialy to computer controlled cars.

Its all done now anyway

huh?

and to everybody who bashes me for trying to keep my egr, please stop

sorry if I dont drive my car at WOT all the time

I'd like the extra fuel economy, and passing the visual inspection

Oh thats too bad, I have no idea what the bottom the st220 manny looks like so it makes sense. Were you able to just move stuff around or did you have to change any curves?

Port size and had to pull the long sides in that are parallel with the ports. I left as much as I could in tact from the original drawing and it must have lined up well enough. Thanks for the drawing file, you saved me a crap load of time.

Back