• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAT euro kit... front lower than back

wtf! dude Ive had mine for like 25K miles, and after taking off mty 18s and my mirko, the car looks higher in the front then in the back (with a 1/4 tank of gas left). Yours looks lower!! weeeird!

Im kinda gettin sick of the BAT springs, maybe I might bite the bullet and get eibachs

My BATS are extremley low, much lower in the front. Im close to H&R drop rates with mine. Chris wong also has a very low set, it seems as tho they are hit or miss ha

My BATS are extremley low, much lower in the front. Im close to H&R drop rates with mine. Chris wong also has a very low set, it seems as tho they are hit or miss ha

I dont like mine anymore, they are too high. if you compare mine and elky (stock suspension on his car) its like almost the same height :mad:

I got the Eibach's...it seems its hit or miss w/ the rear sag on those though too.

I have a brand new set of H&R rears I picked up for free...now if I could find a new set of H&R fronts I'd be in business and would have some Eibach's for sale.

I got the Eibach's...it seems its hit or miss w/ the rear sag on those though too.

I have a brand new set of H&R rears I picked up for free...now if I could find a new set of H&R fronts I'd be in business and would have some Eibach's for sale.

I dont mind the rear sag really :shrug:

I would rather have a touch of rear sag than rear lift. It looks liike one of those tricked out amc's you used to see in the 80's all the time in latin neighborhoods...

I would rather have a touch of rear sag than rear lift. It looks liike one of those tricked out amc's you used to see in the 80's all the time in latin neighborhoods...

agreed, cause thats what I have with my BAT kit..I hate it:blackeye:

Yup, I have a very early generation BAT kit, got it back in 2001. Here is how low my SVT rides now, granted, the trunk has some items in it, but even without, it only rises about the thickness of my index finger.

101_2276.jpg

dammn, see Chris the whole reason I got the BAT was after looking at how low your car sat. I thought to myself that is EXACTLY how I want my car to sit height wise. I guess I got owned on that :blackeye:

what springs should I get now to get that look? I know H&Rs will be low as hell, Eibachs?

Yup, I have a very early generation BAT kit, got it back in 2001. Here is how low my SVT rides now, granted, the trunk has some items in it, but even without, it only rises about the thickness of my index finger.

101_2276.jpg

dammn, see Chris the whole reason I got the BAT was after looking at how low your car sat. I thought to myself that is EXACTLY how I want my car to sit height wise. I guess I got owned on that :blackeye:

what springs should I get now to get that look? I know H&Rs will be low as hell, Eibachs?

That is about how my SVT sits w/ Eibachs...maybe just a smidge lower in the front. Although it has a 1 12in sub and box, amp, spare tire and jack etc in the trunk. I think come summer I am going to take out my jack and spare 16 inch tire (to raise the back just a hair), wont do me any good if I get a flat w/ my 18's anyway.

That is about how my SVT sits w/ Eibachs...maybe just a smidge lower in the front. Although it has a 1 12in sub and box, amp, spare tire and jack etc in the trunk. I think come summer I am going to take out my jack and spare 16 inch tire (to raise the back just a hair), wont do me any good if I get a flat w/ my 18's anyway.

see thats another reason I want to go a little more lower, the 18's with my BAT springs are not making the car look the way I want it too. The rear looks lifted up, even with E0s its like that..observe..

1-13.jpg

this is a pic I took a long long time ago but i think you can see how the Eibachs look w/ the E1's. This is again w/ a sub
and a box, amp, spare tire, jack, and probably other stuff in the trunk. But you can see how the rear wheel tucks nice in the fender. But as i said I think I will be taking out the tire and jack come spring to lift it just a smidge so its perfectly even w the front.

IMG_0147.jpg

Last edited:
this is a pic I took a long long time ago but i think you can see how the Eibachs look w/ the E1's. This is again w/ a sub
and a box, amp, spare tire, jack, and probably other stuff in the trunk.

thats how i like it, with 18s the height will be perfect then

Eibachs should work nicely for you then. I did however notice that my front bumper is a tad higher off the ground once I put my 18's on. Not really noticable by the eye but I measured with a ruler. However this is perfect b/c I will be putting on a Mirko so it will actually probably end up the same hight as in that pic or just a hair lower. The stance is still basically the same w/ the 18's as you see in the pic w/ the 16's.

Eibachs should work nicely for you then. I did however notice that my front bumper is a tad higher off the ground once I put my 18's on. Not really noticable by the eye but I measured with a ruler. However this is perfect b/c I will be putting on a Mirko so it will actually probably end up the same hight as in that pic or just a hair lower. The stance is still basically the same w/ the 18's as you see in the pic w/ the 16's.

yea, Ill start looking into that then..another major mod for next spring

I am going to be getting my 19's very soon, so I might as well leave it how it is. And just think... the ass end is that high up with 3 fosgate dvc 10's in a slot ported box in the back along with a spare tire, jack, lug wrench, jumper cables... If I took that stuff out... forget about it. :(

Eibachs it is..iirc, mikey had H&Rs but swapped out the rear springs for Eibachs..

I just hope i get the height as I want it to be..

Sounds like you made the right choice. I always remember the H&R's pointing the back end up in the air, the Eibach's were more level, with the front a little lower than the rear.

I have the BAt kit and I have the rear sag. Since I have a set of 10's and amp rack in my trunk I find that it doesn't handle bumps very well. If someone is in my back seat just forget about it. The ride is becoming very annoying. I previously had the GC's with the Koni yellows and I just want something that will not bottom out in the rear..any ideas???

Back