• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just venting

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
In late 2007, I spun a rod bearing.
Extended warranty wouldn't pay for a 3L so I got a remanned SVT 2.5
As of late I had developed an oil leak. SVTTOUR and I were thinking it was a valve cover gasket. We tear down the UIM / LIM and all associated parts (did a cleaning while we were at it) and start looking for a leak.
The oil is all at the front of the motor, on the driver's side. We pull the valve cover off of the front bank and don't see anything that would lead us to believe the valve cover gasket was leaking.
What we did find shocked me.
This is a picture of the cams that we found:
img043.jpg

Needless to say, I have some phone calls to make on Monday.
Who knows what the block really is.
The heads are SVT, as we measured the ports against known SVT heads that SVTTOUR had on hand.

EDIT:
We did find the oil leak and it is band-aided until I can get to the junkyard next weekend.
This just PISSES ME OFF !!!!

Thank you.
I have vented.

Back when Brent was getting the swap done at his mechanics I explained to him that he needed to make sure that the new motor had SVT cams in it because the old one was going to go back as a core and it would be pointless to waste a perfect set of SVT cams that probably went in the trash.

I have 2 sets of SVT cams with all necessary hardware if he really wants it but I already told him that I will not install SVT cams in his car if Im not doing a 3L.:laugh:

Well I contacted the company we bought the engine from, and they are opening a claim with the company that they got the engine from.
Chances this will turn into anything. about 2%, but it is the point of getting what you pay for.
I paid for an SVT engine, and should include SVT cams.

Man, that does suck - shows that they don't give a crap about you. Kind of like the "tell him what he wants to hear" attitude. Good luck - JOE

:censored::censored::censored::censored:ty! Keep calm,cool and be professional about it. Persistance is the key, be that little thorn in there ass that won't go away.

is there really a difference in the port sizes between se and svt heads? I thought it was that the svt heads where extude honed. also why would an svt engine have non-svt cams. I bet the whole motor is an se motor.

also my se cams had green stripes...

is there really a difference in the port sizes between se and svt heads? I thought it was that the svt heads where extude honed. also why would an svt engine have non-svt cams. I bet the whole motor is an se motor.

also my se cams had green stripes...

Honestly, I am not sure.
The LIM bores are bigger, so wouldn't it make sense that the ports on the head they match up to are bigger?

Your mechaninc reused the Lower and upper intakes. That doesnt necessarily mean that the heads will match.

Yep. Seems to be norm. SVT engine's are hard to come by so they just swap in an SE. Not the first time I've seen this.

Back