• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

F the police

killersport

Ninja Swag
wow cops are so gay they said that the bassini i just put on my car was to loud cause my car is not an acual SVT so he said its not stock and its ielgal so he gave me a ticket let me know if this is bs?

wow cops are so gay they said that the bassini i just put on my car was to loud cause my car is not an acual SVT so he said its not stock and its ielgal so he gave me a ticket let me know if this is bs?

Was he wrong?
F the police for doing their jobs!!!
What a maroon!!!

Last edited:
well he said since mines not an svt its illgal but if it was an svt it would not hows that work

More like he said that it exceeds your states/city's noise laws. Is it a ticket, or an inspection notice?

Also, Periods. Please use em.

its a ticket, and he thought it was a stock svt exauasght. and said is this an svt i said no, then he said then ur exauaght is illagual. so f@#$ him.

illegal maybe? :shrug: lol. sounds like he was just being a dick. prob not worth fighting it unless you felt like putting the stock exhaust back on and going to show someone you "fixed" the prob and they might dismiss it. otherwise pay it and move on. at least it shouldnt be worth any points on your license.

If your state laws prevent a certain modification to the exhaust system and you made such a modification, how is the officer wrong for ticketing you? I'd suggest looking into the local laws before coming here and crying foul.

~Mike~

Do some reading on your local laws.
Most likely you can find them posted online.
Laws vary by state, so not everyone on this site will have the same answer for you.

pretty sure you can get away with any exhaust, hell I drove around with half my exhaust hanging on the ground for a couple months in my old car and cops didn't pull me over. just check on michigan.gov see if it says anything on there.

its a ticket, and he thought it was a stock svt exauasght. and said is this an svt i said no, then he said then ur exauaght is illagual. so f@#$ him.

Apparently he knows about Ford and their SVT program....Probably stopped at the Chinese buffet before pulling you over so he knows a bit about rice.....but if it's illegal where you're from, why talk :censored::censored::censored::censored: about the officer for doing his job?

Last edited:
You got pay to play. i got nailed and was able to install my cat pipe and that satisfied the cops in cambridge. In WI anything other then stock is illegal.

An exhaust ticket in MI?! Now I've heard everything. I thought it was mandatory to have aftermarket exhaust here. LOL!

An exhaust ticket in MI?! Now I've heard everything. I thought it was mandatory to have aftermarket exhaust here. LOL!

Hah, I, too, did a double take when I noticed he was in Brighton. From what I recall, my buddy w/ his FD had all kinds of issues with Brighton cops. If anything they were a chip off the old block compared to Ann Arbor cops.

BK, you have to realize, in MI getting pulled over for an exhaust is unheard of.

in NY, any aftermarket exhaust is illegal. must be a stock replacement. i've been nailed countless times for my magnaflows. they're real anal about that here. im pretty sure its like that in most states

Killersport... the officer is lying to you.

My best friend was manager at 1st class auto in Brighton..before they went out of business. Which was a car customizing shop for 18 years...They did after market exhaust daily. They also worked on cop cars in the same building.

Fight the ticket...he was just giving you a ticket for noise pollution. Or he just didn't like you. Guys Brighton cops are pricks...i got a ticket for going 28 in a 25 one day. :blackeye:The city just needs money.

No kidding....if we had exhaust laws here other then noise pollution....we would all be screwed...poor detroit would be even more broke :laugh:

Killersport... the officer is lying to you.

My best friend was manager at 1st class auto in Brighton..before they went out of business. Which was a car customizing shop for 18 years...They did after market exhaust daily. They also worked on cop cars in the same building.

Fight the ticket...he was just giving you a ticket for noise pollution. Or he just didn't like you. Guys Brighton cops are pricks...i got a ticket for going 28 in a 25 one day. :blackeye:The city just needs money.
So you WERE speeding... and their the pricks...

So you WERE speeding... and their the pricks...

lmao...yes, .And that ticket was given to me because i acelerated up a hill...and he sat at the top of the hill...so once i reached the top of the hill he busted me. Driving a f-150 with a tractor being pulled...and getting nailed is just dumb.

I have trained many police officers over the years.(100's of them)..There are many of them in my classes that i can label as pricks. :cool:

i think its because he couldn't nail you for anything else, he was just being a SOB, Mine was straight piped and it was loud and I passed a number of cops,either they're lazy or they don't care :shrug:

Back