• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New, updated pics of the MINI...finally!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
Its been sometime and back by popular demand, here they are! (not serious about the demand, but I'm very proud of this car)

New Viper style'd stripes to replace the OEM ones, GT350 style'd rocker stripes and the yellow Lamin-X for the healights and fogs!
img1239483352541.jpg

img1239483351808.jpg

img1239483354200.jpg

img1239483353420.jpg

Exuse the stockers with the snows, they've been removed and replaced with the summers already! Note the red, painted calipers!
img1239485804496.jpg

Fun with the new camera phone!
img1239485806676.jpg

img1239485812732.jpg

"It doesn't matter if your black or white"
img1239485807564.jpg

img1239485808899.jpg

I saved the best for last, the dyno day on 2/21/09 at Speed Industries where I put the MINI on the "heartbreaker" and it has earned its rep, I guess, but the dyno is more of a tool anyways, right? I know the car is in the mid 14's so who cares...
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z170/KlasseAct/?action=view&current=3b93ffa9.flv

I put down 150 hp and 173 ft lbs of torque on the "heartbreaker" and there was some conversion where a buddy of mine said with the correction it was 173/201, but either way its a tool. More pics will follow, like my new, ram-air intake and Samco boost tubes, not to mention the red, painted tow hook, good for 5 hp!

DDM race intake system and Samco boost tubes

DDM race intake system and Samco boost tubes

img1239488217111.jpg

img1239488215623.jpg

That opening on the top of the intake gets cool, fresh air directly from outside using this underhood ducting, even the stock grill has been removed for maximum air flow!
img1239488216289.jpg

Now I need to go back to S.I. and dyno the car again and I will, this spring there's another dyno day set up for the guys at xceedspeed, so I'm in. Future mods will be a tune once Detroit Tune gets their dyno and he starts the tuning process and figures it all out, along with a large, FMIC to replace the small, OEM unit. Once the car puts down between 175-200 whp I'll be tied over for quite some time.

Not liking the side stripes, turbo badge or the yellow headlights. Everything else is good though.

Not liking the side stripes, turbo badge or the yellow headlights. Everything else is good though.

All the badging is coming off of the back, including the MINI wings and being replaced with an old school MINI COOPER S custom decal made by Parkedcar. The yellow lights are actually pretty cool, but its alright if you don't like them and the headlights aren't as yellow when on as you might think. I do want to add some 6" rally lights in the lower grill to be even with the stripes and yes, those too will be covered in yellow Lamin-X so everything matches up.

As with everything you own..it needs a bath and a wax! ;)
I like it! Roger has a thing for stripes..it covers the bald spot!

Rod

Neat Mini. Mods are tastefully done although I'd change a few minor things. Not sure if I like the reverse (green) stripes on the roof.

I always kinda liked the light blue ones with the white stripes. A light blue car is not something I personally would drive being a guy but if I was a chick I'd rock it!

I think everything looks great...but the S on the sides still bother me!:laugh:

Not really Viper stripes....something else comes to mind...
1232065131MINI%20CHALLENGE%20front.jpg

The Viper stripes look much better than the stock. The reverse stripes on the roof I wasn't too sure about, but when I see it, it works.

Everything looks good Roger. Can't wait to drive it with the new intake.:cool:

Dude... who cares about straight-line times with a Mini?

I don't really, but sometime I get asked about it and I got blown away by a Saturn ION Redline stage II 2 weekends ago, just curious about those cars now. I did infact steal the reverse colored stripes from the MINI Challenge car and I've gotten alot of positive comments about them, but if you guys don't like them no biggie:shrug:

I really like it. The headlights aren't my cup of tea, but overall she gets better looking eveyrtime you start a post.

Last edited:
Cool! I got some HIDs and want to install some yellow fogs as well. Not sure I'd want to do the headlights too.

I think the entire car looks great! I actually like the yellow headlights...regardless of the legality of it. :laugh:

The headlights aren't as yellow when they're on, believe it or not, but my fog bulbs are Nokya 2500k's, and with the Lamin-X on them they are real yellow, making my headlights with the factory HIDs look like crisp halogens. Once I get the driving lights the look of the car will be complete and maybe it will be worthy of "troll of the year" at a SZ:shrug:

way to go roger looking good and I like the yellow tinted headlights and fogs. I'm also a fan of yellow tinted windows on select European cars...

Back