• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Uneven rear tire wear

ancientsanskrit

Hard-core CEG'er
So I was getting my tires rotated today and noticed the outer driver's side rear tire showing uneven wear.

Car: 1999 SE automatic (so drums on rears), lowered on SVT struts and Roush springs

The following is what I think could be the culprit

-The roads around here are quite uneven and I think perhaps it threw the suspension geometry off and could be off due to an alignment issue.

-I'm pretty sure I'm hearing that typical endlink chingy sound. However, can this give you uneven wear, and on the outer wall???

What other things should I check for? Also, IIRC, is not the alignment on the rears quite simpe and a DIY job?

Appreciate any help guys. I'd research this a bit more on my own, but have finals rolling around in a couple weeks and don't have much time.

Check rear trailing arms. There is some adjustment that can be made at an alignment shop. End links won't be a contributing factor.

allignment, are they having more inside wear or just less tread. their is adjustment for the toe(inward,outward centerline), but not cambar(up and down angle). first check the tire psi, then you can worry about the allignment.

Back