• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Double Din?

MAX675VD.jpg

or this one

EC.ECE.AVN5435.JPG

The clarion is a 7" screen and the Eclipse is a 6.5" screen. The clarion is 600 for the screen and 600 for the navigation hard drive. Where the Eclipse is around 500-700 Used on ebay.

Pioneer systems suck. you have to open it up and solder the board if you want video while driving. and the D1/D2 doesn't have DVD player. You have to go to the Z1 for double din and its like 1500 bucks. No thank you

Both of them have Navi like that todd. The clarions is actually faster becuase of the hard drive and has more point of interests

Fantastic job. I wanted to have a something just like that made a while back to house a 7" widescreen but the shop quoted me a pretty crazy figure. Can't wait to see the completed pics.

Well it was the bezel plus the $50 for the other part then all the labor. Probably looking around 150-175

Whatever, i could do that with playdough luuk slike its way EZ i kno this 1ne dude that duz work with bondoz ill have him mak one

HOW TO plzr?

Well it was the bezel plus the $50 for the other part then all the labor. Probably looking around 150-175

That's not bad at all. I'm not sure if I'm still going to go forward with the project but if I do, I'll definitely let you know.

Very nice! much cleaner than the attempt you made in the SHO. On a side note I've got a DDX-8017 I'll sell you if your interested.

The SHO was like totally custom no using existing bezels or anything which is what made it soo difficult to look good. The final double din was good but the relocated and and gauge pods where kinda bla

Possibly if you want one send me a pm. Understand this took almost 3 weeks to get to this point. and its still not done. If you wanted a Lilliput touch screen you would have to send that to be so i could mount it.

Im not disclosing what bezel I used. It took me about a month to find one that would look good.

Im not disclosing what bezel I used. It took me about a month to find one that would look good.
Pffffff. In one post you say you really don't want to do these unless someone pays you a boatload of money, and yet you won't help those that might like to do it themselves. Some spirit of helpfulness you've got there. Lets see if we can make modding the Contour anymore difficult. :rolleyes:

Pffffff. In one post you say you really don't want to do these unless someone pays you a boatload of money, and yet you won't help those that might like to do it themselves. Some spirit of helpfulness you've got there. Lets see if we can make modding the Contour anymore difficult. :rolleyes:

as big of a turd steeda is, he's right. he spent a lot of time and effort to figure this out... you expect him to give that info away for free?

no one is stopping you from figuring it out yoruself!

as big of a turd steeda is, he's right. he spent a lot of time and effort to figure this out... you expect him to give that info away for free?

no one is stopping you from figuring it out yoruself!
If he doesn't want to produce them himself at a reasonable price, then yes, I would APPRECIATE him divulging that information. Isn't the whole point of this forum to help each other in repairing and modding our cars? It's not as if I'm asking him to send me a step-by-step instruction sheet with pictures and a full materials list, so lighten up.

Would I give the info up if I had found it? Regarless of whether I was planning on producing any, then damn straight I'd be happy to help others out with that info. Not everyone has hours and hours and days and days they can spend scouring junk yards. Not everyone has a decent junkyard within driving distance and would need to order it online. It's that kind of 'screw you, do it yourself' attitude that I can do without, and that really has no place here. He'll still have people wanting him to do it for them even if he tells, so it's not as if he'd be losing any (potential) business.

But I'll tell you, this is just the sort of thing that makes me WANT to scour for hours until I find it, just to tell everyone anyway. Yes, I'm that kind of spiteful b@stard.

I have 3 bezels sitting in front of me that won't work. Technically i have over 200 into that bezel. If you wanna buy them off me then ill tell you the one that will.

As stated im not saying don't go out and try it but im not gonna tell you what one to use.

As far as not being helpful. How many people people cleared there corners with a cotter pin extractor? ok How many people put a Steeda short throw in? ok just making sure. Rear sub mount?

I said i would make them for 150-175. I challange you to find the bezel i used

Last edited:
Back