• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need pics of sway bar bushings/end links

Humboldtkill

CEG'er
I was just checking into my rear end noise and i seen a sway bar bushing and the bracket mounted on the bushing i not bolted or hooked to anything? The bar itself has an inch or more movement,is this normal? I will post pics in a few im going back out now. How would i know if i have the 21mm or 19mm sway bar, when i bought the car i was told it was a 21 but i want to be sure. What wouls the size be in inches? I could measure it but dont know chit about mm. Thank you for your time reading this many ppl with many problems means alot of reading so any help is always appreciated.

It seems, and im no expert here but the bushings were ripped off the mounts repaired and ripped again? Its hard to believe those weak little brackets are expected to hold up under hard cornering? Am i alone in this?

Driver side
2safiat.jpg

Pass side
x2mngo.jpg

I got my mustang mechanic on the job, he is taking off the rear subframe and welding on stronger custom brackets. I also have a rear pass side strut blown out.Off to BAT!

Anything larger than stock will rip them out. No need to remove the SF though to weld in plates.

You can use a vernier caliper / dial caliper to measure the width of your sway bar.

My 21mm bar tore the subframe at both sway bar mount locations. Went back to stock after that.

I have the 21mm bar:cool:

Here are my new bulletproof mounts and upgraded end links.

118psed.jpg

eteb8n.jpg

My guy did a kick ass job!

Back