• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Start Issue??

CSVT #0037

CEG'er
Today when i got out of class. I got in my car to start it and all it did was tick. It wouldnt start. After the third or fourth try I got it to start. Then I turned it off and tried again. It didnt want to start but got it going third time. About fifteen minutes of driving I got home and turned it off. then i tried starting it and it started right away. So why was it ticking? or what is wrong? Maybe starter? batter? alternator?

Today when i got out of class. I got in my car to start it and all it did was tick. It wouldnt start. After the third or fourth try I got it to start. Then I turned it off and tried again. It didnt want to start but got it going third time. About fifteen minutes of driving I got home and turned it off. then i tried starting it and it started right away. So why was it ticking? or what is wrong? Maybe starter? batter? alternator?

mine does that every so often... i noticed it only happends if i stick the key in to fast and turn.. if i put the key in... wait till the radio comes on.. then turn its good.

Ya i need to do some tests. my neighbor also suggested that it could b the wires are corotted and i should clean them off

Back