• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NOT FORD. but it's a teaster.(RandyCSVT might know)

SVTRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
here's a teaser, first to get it right or semi-close and i will reveal more pics as we get it all together. :rolleyes:

FRCproject053.jpg

and just some randoms around the yard and of the car that BARELY gets outside(the camaro)...

003.jpg

just for RandyCSVT
FRCproject003.jpg

crappy pic but you get the idea:

8:19 on the ring for the 04-07 Vs
010.jpg

dad's car with the 6 speed.
005.jpg

008.jpg

4 cars plus the camaro in the garage
FRCproject033.jpg

Last edited:
meh, its close. few more guesses and i'll post the pics. we should be done with the other side tonight or tomorrow.

Inless you can do it.....whats the point of putting a 8:19 on the ring sticker on the CTS-V?

Thats like asking why they publish 0-60 and quarter mile times by pro drivers.

I'm assuming he doesn't have a competition license. So what the :censored::censored::censored::censored: is the point of bragging about something you are not capable of doing? I cold car less about the ability of a pro driver. Its what I'm capable of making the car do.

Inless you can do it.....whats the point of putting a 8:19 on the ring sticker on the CTS-V?

because we can? :shrug: and that picture was up just to show our little twist to the looks of the car. not what this thread was about...

plus, the 09 Vs ran 7:59 on the ring...

I'm assuming he doesn't have a competition license. So what the :censored::censored::censored::censored: is the point of bragging about something you are not capable of doing? I cold car less about the ability of a pro driver. Its what I'm capable of making the car do.

Same reason 95% of these slow mother:censored::censored::censored::censored:ers on CEG running high 15's tell people the SVT is capable of 14's!

since twin got the GTO portion right, i'll go ahead and post the rest.....we managed to get some GTO Fuel Rail Covers for the LSx motors. Even though they required a little bit of modification to fit the LS6 motor of the V, it was done. so, onto the pics!

this is what the ugly thing looks like...
FRCproject006.jpg

and this is the test fitment before hacking them up..
(dont mind the dirty engine bay, we're still cleaning it up)
FRCproject013.jpg

gridning the GTO out.
FRCproject021.jpg

primer'd
FRCproject031.jpg

first coat was Silver.
FRCproject037.jpg

getting tape'd off
FRCproject042.jpg

second coat was black.
FRCproject045.jpg

masking the black off for the final color, which was red.
002.jpg

final
018.jpg

014.jpg

still working on the other side, pics will be up soon..

Other than the few visible blemishes on it...I think that looks sweet! Very tasteful.

Thanks, im no artisitic painter and it was rattle can'd so i kind of expect SOME blemishes. but i think it looks good, and it's gonna have the "V" emblem in the black area to offset the amount of black. I'll get more pics after srping break when i come back from the Cayman Islands and Jamaica.

and as for EuroTour.... neither dad nor i can afford CF trim peices... plus with these rail covers we have now, the engine bay wont get AS hot as it did with the shield around it. :laugh:

The GTO covers are nice. Are you putting V emblems on them?

The carbon fiber cover is amazing, but also costs like over $1000

Back