• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

who dares me?

Eurotour just put new rear shocks on the F150 Sat. ;)
standard.jpg

Truck and trailer will only be 50 miles away. We'll have you back home and broke in NO time! :laugh:

Last edited:
well if you look past i dunno.... the color! lol

LOL thanks for the heads up todd, i'll bring extra beer and money this year. hahahaah

Yeah, but I am more or less thinking performance wise....that way when you get a better time than me, I can just say it was the "insert mod" here.

I believe stangkiller on NECO did the direct -port set up a few years back and he had no problems...

COOGAH had his entire nitrous set-up for a while, but we ended up changing it up... I had the original drilled manifold up until last week, when I scrapped it...

So, go ahead and do it man! :)

that might be a backburner project for me. i'm entertaining the idea of a supercharger planted where my ac compressor used to be. if i can find a cheap used vortech unit for 5-600 lol. would be SIMPLE to make it work. i didnt think it would because the oil return would be lower than the pan but i can make it so it will have sufficient routing. this kit will be super top secret :D because i dont want anyone copying me. blackcoog and burritasvt are my friends i don't want to take any of their business, plus i'm selfish. but i really think i could make this thing work in about a week soon as i get a head unit.

that might be a backburner project for me. i'm entertaining the idea of a supercharger planted where my ac compressor used to be. if i can find a cheap used vortech unit for 5-600 lol. would be SIMPLE to make it work. i didnt think it would because the oil return would be lower than the pan but i can make it so it will have sufficient routing. this kit will be super top secret :D because i dont want anyone copying me. blackcoog and burritasvt are my friends i don't want to take any of their business, plus i'm selfish. but i really think i could make this thing work in about a week soon as i get a head unit.

First nitrous now a supercharger....your running yourself in circles man. :crazy:

well i've already had nitrous and had my fun with it. i've tried a supercharger and set myself up for failure. i think i can make this supercharger work really well, it seems too easy. something's gotta go wrong.

well i've already had nitrous and had my fun with it. i've tried a supercharger and set myself up for failure. i think i can make this supercharger work really well, it seems too easy. something's gotta go wrong.

Just go steel the one out of blackcoogs car...he doesn't drive the car, so he would never know!

his kit uses a counter-clockwise rotating head unit. i wanna use a clockwise rotating head unit for a.) cheap, easy to find used, etc. and b.) charge pipe routing will be easy and will allow for a minimum of bends, and C.) to run a suck-thru maf (chris is pressed for space, and a blow through maf is difficult to tune)

I routed the intake down into the fender recently so a suck through MAF is possible on our kit. I'm still running in a blow through configuration though because it runs great so I don't want to cut the harness and run it over there if I don't have to. I don't think a blow through setup is any harder to tune than normal. The kits we sold seem to be doing well. Andyman over on NECO had issues but they didn't seem to be directly related to the blow through setup. He had the incorrect injectors set in the tune and was trying to use a proflow MAF. I haven't had any tuning complaints from any of the others we've sold. We even sold one to a guy over in Germany and his seems to be doing well.

I routed the intake down into the fender recently so a suck through MAF is possible on our kit. I'm still running in a blow through configuration though because it runs great so I don't want to cut the harness and run it over there if I don't have to. I don't think a blow through setup is any harder to tune than normal. The kits we sold seem to be doing well. Andyman over on NECO had issues but they didn't seem to be directly related to the blow through setup. He had the incorrect injectors set in the tune and was trying to use a proflow MAF. I haven't had any tuning complaints from any of the others we've sold. We even sold one to a guy over in Germany and his seems to be doing well.

yeah i'm not trying to bad mouth your kit chris, you know me. i just wanna see how cheap i can do it for.... with mostly used parts, and kyleQ's welder and stuff :D

ya know i always go round and round.....

i have a set of heads off my last 3L still good and all ported, a gutted LIM, and a split port aluminum UIM.... and a ported/polished/half shafted throttle body to match. i think i'm gonna find a 3L bottom end to freshen up and gap out for nitrous..... muahahaha direct port ftfw

ya know i always go round and round.....

i have a set of heads off my last 3L still good and all ported, a gutted LIM, and a split port aluminum UIM.... and a ported/polished/half shafted throttle body to match. i think i'm gonna find a 3L bottom end to freshen up and gap out for nitrous..... muahahaha direct port ftfw

Helll yea man!!! Get an se and make it a sleeper :laugh:

i've always got these crazy ideas.... i really should sell my tour though. my buddy has a 68 cougar XR7 that's back halved (tubbed, 4 linked, frame tied, for you noobs) and caged with a 460 block, 428 CJ heads, direct port nitrous setup, narrowed 9" rear end, and all the goodies. i really want this car, and he needs money. ugh.

i've always got these crazy ideas.... i really should sell my tour though. my buddy has a 68 cougar XR7 that's back halved (tubbed, 4 linked, frame tied, for you noobs) and caged with a 460 block, 428 CJ heads, direct port nitrous setup, narrowed 9" rear end, and all the goodies. i really want this car, and he needs money. ugh.

Buy it :shrug: Your rich :laugh:

yeah... except i have been laid off for three months. i'm poor now. but if i sold the tour i could easily pay for the cougar, my buddy needs money to finish the umpteen other classic ford projects he has :D

Back