• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shelby GT-H

So strange I was just looking up rental info for April in FL. $175 a day and an auto still. Might be going with a Miata for $50 a day instead. Trying to find out if I can get a manual.

So strange I was just looking up rental info for April in FL. $175 a day and an auto still. Might be going with a Miata for $50 a day instead. Trying to find out if I can get a manual.

almost no rental cars are manuals, that ive ever heard of. imagine all the clutches they'd have to replace :crazy:

Damn! No fun. I guess GT-H rates differ from place to place. Some for $100 and some for $175.

In case anyone is wondering the Nov. issue of Car & Driver has a great article about them. I have it if anyone wants a scan.

Last edited:
You probably already know this, but you have to do something special to turn off traction control. Google is your friend.

just pressed the button really hard and it turned off..

we rented one in orlando when we went and visited the family, that is one of the few places that rents them

all the Hertz GT-H Mustangs are 5 speed automatics....even the old original ones are like 3 speed autos...it is simply a Ford Mustang GT Automatic w/ CAI, Exhaust, Suspension Mods and several Asthetic Mods (Hood Pins, Stripes)....and from what i heard you have to be 25, go through a intensive screening process and pay by the mile plus the massive rental fee....go test drive a 5-speed GT and smile cuz its free...

all the Hertz GT-H Mustangs are 5 speed automatics....even the old original ones are like 3 speed autos...it is simply a Ford Mustang GT Automatic w/ CAI, Exhaust, Suspension Mods and several Asthetic Mods (Hood Pins, Stripes)....and from what i heard you have to be 25, go through a intensive screening process and pay by the mile plus the massive rental fee....go test drive a 5-speed GT and smile cuz its free...

Ummm no. Not all the originals were autos. 200 had manuals. It is quite a bit different than the GT but thanks for playing.

and you can rent a car if you are under 25, your just going to pay for it ... not sure how that plays out here but ....

almost no rental cars are manuals, that ive ever heard of. imagine all the clutches they'd have to replace :crazy:

Travel to Europe. I have never had an automatic rental in Europe. I fly to Italy a few times a year for work, and I am not sure Europcar (my company's prefered rental agency) even offers automatics.

-Todd

Back