• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best Intake?

mattsBLK99cSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
It's christmas time and i need an intake, everyone give me your opinion and let me know where i can find it, i want the most performance, money is not an issue

Last edited:
No intake will give you any noticeable performance gains. But it's a start...

K&N RU-3530 filter + MAF adaptor + Custom heatshield.

it's also quite affordable, I would team this with an exhaust mod if you can afford that this holiday season, all the buying info for the filter, adaptor and gasket + heatshield are on the FAQ :) it lists the prices and what you should expect to pay for the new parts.

It's christmas time and i need an intake, everyone give me your opinion and let me know where i can find it, i want the most performance, money is not an issue

Hands down this CAI

9902cougcccaikitym2.jpg

hella yea!!
for mine I put on a bypass valve so that all the water that does get sucked up, will be taken care of by the bypass valve. Also I put in a K&N filter instead of the cheapo Bomz they provide..

CAI-1.jpg

6f06b248.jpg

3c976acb.jpg
So even though that this intake is for a cougar it will work for the svt right? im guessing you have to do a little fab work

Last edited:
I was looking at getting this intake as well but one concern.I dont have my splash gaurd anymore.Came of going down a bumpy road one day.Would you still reccomend installing this intake?

if you have a splash sheild then yes

Well i have it but it was draged down the road and i can not install it again..I might be able to if i custom it a bit.But just really wanted to know if without a splash gaurd and if i install the bypass valve would you still run that intake setup.

Well i have it but it was draged down the road and i can not install it again..I might be able to if i custom it a bit.But just really wanted to know if without a splash gaurd and if i install the bypass valve would you still run that intake setup.

How much is a new splash guard? Might be worth the investment to just get a new one.

you could but I would really really not recommend it..

splash shields are iirc $79

I actually ordereed one of those Intakes from Custom cougars (pro-motion tuning) back in Nov. and so far I have yet to receive it. I keep calling and calling, finally after three months they finally have all the parts for the intake. (apparently the plastic couplings were on back order). I think that it will def'y be better than the heat soaked setup I have now. If you are going to order from them, now might be a good time because they have all the parts.

I actually ordereed one of those Intakes from Custom cougars (pro-motion tuning) back in Nov. and so far I have yet to receive it. I keep calling and calling, finally after three months they finally have all the parts for the intake. (apparently the plastic couplings were on back order). I think that it will def'y be better than the heat soaked setup I have now. If you are going to order from them, now might be a good time because they have all the parts.

what color couplings did u get? I have stupid gray colored ones! I wanted black :mad:

wILL THAT CAI, CHANGE THE SOUND OF THE CAR??
I HAD A PROBE AND IT DID>
THANKS JAY

YES IT WILL!!1!!1

Also, just a little FYI, see that key on the left side of the keyboard labeled "Caps Lock", you might want to try pushing it until the light on the keyboard goes off, K?
Nathan

Back