• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rock auto vs. buying it here

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
I've been looking for new struts and it seems like rock auto is $70ish + $25 shipping + $? taxes - 10% = ~$100 US for motorcraft OEM SVT struts

I emailed chris at CTA and he said he has KYB struts for $120 each.

What do you guys think?

You also have to keep in mind the duty/customs you get charged. Example I ordered tie rods for $35 and they were shipped via UPS and I got charged $25 customs:shocked:. If you plan to have the stuff shipped to Canada then just buy from Chris as it's alot less headache and he is a great guy to deal with. Oh and seeing the SVT and SRT4 makes that much more worth it :laugh:.

Aaron

If you compare KYB to KYB it is cheaper to get them thru Rockauto.

Shipped with tax it is $97.16. I have never had to pay any extra fees with Rock auto as they include it in there shipping fee (32$).

If you compare KYB to KYB it is cheaper to get them thru Rockauto.

Shipped with tax it is $97.16. I have never had to pay any extra fees with Rock auto as they include it in there shipping fee (32$).

So Customs never charged you extra money? You're lucky then because usually you get dinged at customs. Personally I wouldn't take the gamble but that's just me.

Aaron

So Customs never charged you extra money? You're lucky then because usually you get dinged at customs. Personally I wouldn't take the gamble but that's just me.

Aaron

Nope, RockAuto uses a service where they take care of all of that for you. If ordering from elsewhere, get it shipped by USPS, and you will get dinged a lot less. UPS has the evil $50 brokerage fee, which is highway robbery. Not sure about FedEx.

Nope, RockAuto uses a service where they take care of all of that for you. If ordering from elsewhere, get it shipped by USPS, and you will get dinged a lot less. UPS has the evil $50 brokerage fee, which is highway robbery. Not sure about FedEx.

I've had the same results - USPS was Okay, but "Brown made me Frown". DHL was Okay when they handled some stuff for me as well. The vendor filled out the forms and put them on the parcel - maybe that helped?

Back