• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

photoshop request (mercury hood on tred)

If the T-red is a contour then I was under the impression that a mystique hood won't fit, without converting the entire front end to mystique parts as well (grille, lights):shrug:

If the T-red is a contour then I was under the impression that a mystique hood won't fit, without converting the entire front end to mystique parts as well (grille, lights):shrug:

i'n not sure first time i heard this. i thought the cars were identical really. can someone else chime in on this please.

948.jpg
2000_ford_contour.jpg

Last edited:
actually its more than that; the mystique grill mounts totally differently than the contour grille, you would need to pull the bumper off and remove the headlight and grille support and replace it with a mystique one, and thats assuming that the mystique grill will sit properly on the top of the contour bumper. Basically you would be turning the front end of your car into a mystique, would be worth it on an SVT though there is more you can do with the mystique grille, hood, and headlights, I think.

actually its more than that; the mystique grill mounts totally differently than the contour grille, you would need to pull the bumper off and remove the headlight and grille support and replace it with a mystique one, and thats assuming that the mystique grill will sit properly on the top of the contour bumper. Basically you would be turning the front end of your car into a mystique, would be worth it on an SVT though there is more you can do with the mystique grille, hood, and headlights, I think.

The Stique grill will sit fine on the Tour bumper. Someone in the Northeast region has a Stique with the SVT bumper, and nothing was modified to put it on at all.

hmm we will see. For right now i just need to get the car back up and running properly. i did a 3l swap and just need a new brake fluid reservoir before i can try starting it up again.

naw i think i got the overall view in my head i need. not to sure about wanting to change to the stique grill i like the contours better

I had one, but couldn't figure out a good way to make it work with the Mystique front end at the time. You actually would need an EVO style Mystique hood to make it work.

hmmmm. SAWZALL!!!!!

I probably should find myself a hood one of these days and cut it up see if I an make anything not horrible looking out of it.

Back