• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT-0, Trees-1

damn!
looks like you are going to need a bunch of band-aid decals to cover this damage up!
glad nobody got hurt and that the car isn't a total loss.
i have faith in you, it will be back to better than it was before long!

Mike, sorry to see those pics, but it's cool your not taking it out on Corinne.:cool: Hope you get it sorted out, wish I had some of the parts you need to get it fixed.

"...ever take it over any sweet jumps?"

wow Mike...I've got a pair of headlights I can donate if it would help, they aren't perfect, tabs are all good.

~Karri

man that sucks about your car! good to see you didn't flip out on her though. you're a good man. i'm sure you'll have it back and better than ever! :)

At least the trees saved it from the LAKE!! think of it this way, Contour 0, trees 1, lake 0. I think you faired very well given the minor damage I see.

You lucked out. Glad it didn't hit any huge trees or you'd definately be out of a car. You reacted much like my brother did when he wrecked his Mach. Keep a cool head. :cool:

Wow that definitely sucks, sorry to see that man. That is one reason I NEVER trust the ebrake alone on any manual car. I always put it in gear.

Wow, sorry to hear about that man, I remember about 4 years ago my brother had a Contour exactly like mine, it's what I drove manual in for the first time, and it was his baby, he was even a member of this site, then one day he came home and parked his car, about an hour later I looked out my window and said: "Shane, where's your car?" We came to find out that he never parked it in gear and had forgotten to set the e-brake, it rolled backwards out of our driveway across the road, and down into my neighbors lawn, smashing backwards into a tree. Frame was bent and they had to total it, my poor brother, he looked for about 5 months before he found that car.

Sorry to hear that Mike. At least the damage isnt too terrible. The front bumper looks like its resuable. Better hurry up and try and get a sideskirt though. Supposedly they were just discontinued.

Sorry to hear about the car Mike. Glad no one was hurt. Best of luck with the rebuild. Can't wait to see it in the spring when it's done.

my car got hit last friday and i was pretty upset about the damage, but seeing your car in the woods is my most tramatic experience ever dealing with these cars, i hope it all gets fixed man

that seriously sucks man. considering the miles, that car was in beautiful shape.

i would, however, love to see it make that jump!

Thanks all for the support and kind words! I have yet to get the car up on the lift to see what damage may have been done underneath.
I had a bit of a set back. My wrangler, which is my daily driver, broke yesterday. Nothing huge, just a u-joint, and possible the slip yolk, but still a PITA. And all though a cheap fix, still more than i can afford right now. So i go from having 2 vehicles on tuesday morning, to none wednesday night. When it rains it pours i guess. HAHA

That was actually the first thing that came to mind when i found out. She was devistated, couldnt even talk, and i said i wish i was there to see it go for a ride.
Don't get me wrong, i love my car, but i love my gf more.

Glad to see you are taking this attitude. It could have been worse and I'm sure you can put it all back together.

It's a sucky situation. Strange thought though, if someone was in the car they could have probably stopped it.

Thanks all for the support and kind words! I have yet to get the car up on the lift to see what damage may have been done underneath.
I had a bit of a set back. My wrangler, which is my daily driver, broke yesterday. Nothing huge, just a u-joint, and possible the slip yolk, but still a PITA. And all though a cheap fix, still more than i can afford right now. So i go from having 2 vehicles on tuesday morning, to none wednesday night. When it rains it pours i guess. HAHA

Come to my job and help me change U-joints on tractor trucks; you'll be looking forward to that Wrangler! :crazy:

Back