• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT-0, Trees-1

Dear God nooooo
This happened to a frined of mine once. Why oh why wouldn't you leave it in gear?

Dear God nooooo
....... Why oh why wouldn't you leave it in gear?

ditto!!!!!

I had something similar happen here at the shop. I had backed my sign crane into the shop to do a little work on it, but left the front end outside. It has one of those old-style lever e-brakes...that doesn't work. It either popped out of gear, or more likely I just left it in neutral. Huge truck, shouldn't roll any on a flat surface, right? I went into the office to do some work, and my employee came in about an hour later and said, "I think we have a problem."

Yeah. This C-70 Chevy had rolled out of the shop, down the drive, and through the neighbor's chain link fence. Came to a stop in the middle of their back yard. Scared the crap out of their dog! :D No damage to the vehicle, unlike your SVT. Had to fix about 20 ft. of chain link fence though.

I hope your insurance company treats you right. You've always had such a damn nice SVT! I hope to see it prettier than ever soon!

Last edited:
No insurance on this. I only have liability since i totalled the car on a deer 2 and a half years ago, and even if i did, i am sure it would be totalled again. the . I don't know why she didnt have it in gear, just wasn't a habbit she got into. but you can be sure she'll never park again without leaving it in gear.
I drove it back to my shop, it pulls a bit, and rubs like hell, and has some new noises coming from underneath. I don't know if it was rocks, and sticks falling out. I will put it up on the lift tomorrow and see whats going on.

yes the car did jump the mound, hence the backhoe to clear it out.
No the mirko wasn't on the car at the time, so that is safe and sound.
I am still taking all this in, so i don't know wht i am doing yet, since i am beyond broke. i think i will fix it bit by bit, why saving for paint.

omg man I saw the title to this thread and I cringed :(

Although I must say it coulda been worse dude. From the pics I see nothing majorly messed up. Let this be a lesson though that DO NOT trust your ebrake, use both ebrake and 1st gear.

Im glad, as you pointed out, that she wasnt in the car and no one got hurt. I wish the best for your car, I always wanted to see it in person

Damn, sorry to see that. Glad nobody got hurt and I'm sure you'll have the car looking great again soon.

someone had a silver frost quarter panel on the classifieds, hopefully that tree didnt dent the roof? other than that, and whatever happenned underneath, it looks savable...

The instant i read the title and saw the poster i was scared to click. You're car is beautiful.

Get it back on the road...please!

~Josh

It definitely could have been worse. But i think my gf and i have more damage than the car. It landed in a couple of huge pricker bushes. We are all torn up.
Damage list so far
Bumper, headlights, drivers side fender, front door, rear door, quarter panel, the tree did leave a nice size dent on the roof, the front drivers side rim might be bent, mirror, passenger side skirt and the paint over the entire car its pretty well scratched. But just you all wait, give me the winter, and you will see and SVT like no other!
It did turn out to be quite the spectacle. Her driveway was like a parking lot! We had half the town there. It was fun! Its just a car, no one was hurt, and nothing that can't be repaired or replaced.
I already found a fender, both doors and a power mirror, all silver for $350.

Dude! LEAST of his worries right now is whether or not she is paying. :crazy: :nonono:

Too bad there was no camera to catch it. That would have been some sight. LOL!

Trusting a Contour e brake alone?! :help:

She wants to but i'm not going to let her. It was an honest mistake, and i have a lot of other things to worry about before i get the car fixed.
I am in a money bind, and since the car is in the condition it is for now, i think i will put it back to stock for the winter, and sell my jeep.
But i dont even know yet.

Ouch. I have always enjoyed seeing pictures of your car.

Well, think positively, those trees saved your car. If it were not for those trees, it would have probably been at the bottom of that pond!

dedd47fa07c40c3db3f8f146a9655681-.jpg

e1072ff8a406bc4a9ef8f84b6ff45c4d-.jpg

ca665b3c959ceb412fe520a97bc35257-.jpg

d8b4fdf5ee6a7f8283b9ca9bfb8fe8a8-.jpg

7826b98308bb75ac30dd1cc737213f8d-.jpg

It could have been so much worse. If it didnt hit the tree right before it hit the jump it would have most likely been embedded in a tree or on its roof.

Back