• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine block heater

imurdaddytoo sport

Veteran CEG'er
Yesterday i was looking through my engine bay because i was looking to see what shape the spark plugs were in. well anyway i found a power chord wraped up on the left side of the engine bay towards teh front, could this be an engine block heater or could it be somethign else, i'll take pictures and post em up later

no the little car elves did that to your car, they're the ones who make your oil black so you have to change it, naughty cheecky little *******s aren't they?

Ya it's good, don't leave it plugged in too long otherwise you'll get this burning smell. Very usefull before heading out in -20 degree weather.

no the little car elves did that to your car, they're the ones who make your oil black so you have to change it, naughty cheecky little *******s aren't they?

Ya it's good, don't leave it plugged in too long otherwise you'll get this burning smell. Very usefull before heading out in -20 degree weather.

i asked that because maybe the guy b4 me coulda put it in, i just got the car

any car that was a "canadian edition" or at least bound for canada. had one installed. Not sure if it was an option you could pick or not. Theyre pretty handy to have, best thing to do is plug it in when you head in for the night and leave it plugged in till you go to leave in the morning, etc.

I wish I could still use mine, but no can do at the apartment.

Back