• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone up for helping me do engine swap?

SVTED

Veteran CEG'er
Well I'm hoping to get bagged to bring me an engine sometime between the 18th and the 22nd. I have access to a garage with a lift and tools. This is gonna be in Waterloo. I haven't done something like this before, so I have the service manual instructions for the engine removal and installation but no experience. Bagged said he'd be willing to help out without charging me but I think that's asking for too much from him since I'm a complete dummy at this. So is anyone willing to come out and give me/us a hand?

I could get you a case of beer or something if you want :laugh:

you're swapping 2.5l?s just pay attention to stuff when you remove the old engine and reverse the process on installation..

I might come down to help you, I just have to see what's cooking that week.

If I come be prepared to spend money on a bucket full of Buffalo wings and a 2-4 of good beer... I'll swap that motor in no time :laugh:

so i brought the engine into the garage last night/this morning (2am arrival from ottawa :laugh:)

Day 1, spent like $110 on fluids at napa and ~$140 for ford honey and metal exhaust gaskets from a dealership

Hi Edward,
Glad you made it back ok.
You should have ditched the ford honey, how many liters did you buy at that price??? Picked up 3 bottles of Royal Purple Synchromax
Also for coolant get Zerex G05, 1x 4 liter bottle and 1 x 4 liter bottle of distilled water is all you need.

Yeah drive back was pretty good. Nowhere had any of the synchromax so I didn't really have a choice. I got some generic coolant stuff from NAPA... maybe I'll return it if i can and if they have that stuff

date/time

date/time

When do you have available to do it? i can stop in on friday afternoon on my way to London and give you a hand for a few hours.
Where in Waterloo?
What type of motor swap is this?
What needs to be done to the motor for prep?

I just got the car in the garage today. It's at a garage within the university of waterloo. Straight 2.5L for 2.5L swap and the motor is pretty much whole so nothing to prep

same clutch? are we moving the flywheel or anything over? trying to think of a material and tool list.

How is friday around 330?

Any plans for when you want to do this?

Also, are you looking for "moral support", or someone with extensive how-to knowledge.

I can maybe give you one - guess which one! :laugh: "When" would make a difference.

same clutch? are we moving the flywheel or anything over? trying to think of a material and tool list.

How is friday around 330?

same clutch, we have to move the flywheel over

friday around 330 sounds great :laugh:

I'm HOPING that by friday afternoon, we're just finishing up putting the motor in

same clutch, we have to move the flywheel over

friday around 330 sounds great :laugh:

I'm HOPING that by friday afternoon, we're just finishing up putting the motor in
ahhh so i get to come in when the hard parts done :laugh: plan on having extra time in case you run into issues.
i'll pm you my cell number, i need the address of the place.

Have you had any luck with the diagrams yet? or the cv boots? sorry we couldn't get more done the other night, i was looking forward to getting the bad boy started that night but with the vacuum lines broken i figured pulling the all nighter might have been useless lol.

also i think your gf would have killed you, she looked a little tired.

i'm just gonna get vacuum lines from ford (on that note, can you link me on the bill jenkins site for the vacuum lines? i can't find them).

Now basically the only thing the car needs is:

- 1 white connector line from what i think is the PCM that i can't find where it goes although it looks like it's an oxygen sensor or something
- shift linkage
- vacuum lines

i'm just gonna get vacuum lines from ford (on that note, can you link me on the bill jenkins site for the vacuum lines? i can't find them).

Now basically the only thing the car needs is:

- 1 white connector line from what i think is the PCM that i can't find where it goes although it looks like it's an oxygen sensor or something
- shift linkage
- vacuum lines

www.teamfordparts.com

:crazy:

Ed, I can't find the part # on the site. Give Bill a Call, he's a good guy and can help you out with the number on the phone.

Back