• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I know its early, but we're planning the Dragon run already!

The official date is...

The official date is...

Oct 1st through the 4th, first weekend in October. The "official" thread will be started after SZ09' is over, so you'll be able to check in there from time to time for updates, thoughts about new things, mods you're doing to get ready, stories of days gone by, "Dragon" bench racing, etc!

We've got 8 for sure, another 3 that PM'd me about going and haven't posted yet and more who haven't seen the copy and paste for the rough draft yet, so its shaping up again to be even bigger than last year. This run is what we call an organized "unofficial meet" (for those who remember what those were back in the day) and has just gained steam over the years, going on year number 7! I'd love to see some new faces out there this year from our neck of the woods.

The list so far

The list so far

Its pretty good so far, but I'm sure there's some that are going and just haven't seen the post about copy and paste yet, but it gives you an idea about our group so far this year...
1. Klasse Act (Roger) and more than likely my step Dad
2. RandyCSVT (Randy) and my wife
3. 4moshin (Billy) and my wife
4. Loco4G63 (Hector) and my dad.
5. KingpinSVT (Chris) flyin' solo.
6. striker2 (Daniel) solo
7. Derek (Roger's buddy) and maybe a co-pilot
8. ChattavegasSE/GLS/XT/MS6/AE86 (Eric and Karen)
9. Tigerbalm (Jason) possible passenger and possible friend driving his car
10. icysvt (Trey) solo i'd say but i might get the wife in her coug

I'm in, trolling with the GTI.

Trying to convince the old lady to come along too, but time will tell. We did it last year and she got a little car sick - and I never broke the speed limit (seriously).

I'm in, trolling with the GTI.

Trying to convince the old lady to come along too, but time will tell. We did it last year and she got a little car sick - and I never broke the speed limit (seriously).

Well the speed limit down there on the Dragon is anywhere from 10-20 mph, but that's the speed you want to go entering the turn, not exiting:laugh:

Whats the trip cost on average? 1st through the 4th? Does that mean leaving here on the 1st, returning the 4th? I cant see spending that many days down there. Id really like to this year, but deffinetly next year when the suspensions done. We'll see though.

Whats the trip cost on average? 1st through the 4th? Does that mean leaving here on the 1st, returning the 4th? I cant see spending that many days down there. Id really like to this year, but deffinetly next year when the suspensions done. We'll see though.

The cabin is $60.00 a night for the single bed and you get a roomate to cut down the cost there if you need to (cots are available too), the drive down there is in the area of 625 miles and from my years of going down there the 4 day trip has me putting on 1550 miles total, so figure about $100.00 or so for gas, food is whatever you need, shirt from Wheelers is $25.00, etc. Basically I go with about $300.00 dollars or so and come back with change sometimes, so its all on what you do. Its worth the trip for sure, trust me/us:cool:

Reservations are already being made for the run this year, ahead of scedule! Discounts are available if you bring your own sheets or will do the laundry too. I'm bringing my own sheets and pillows because a double bed cabin for $90.00 a night out the door is a great deal. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. If by some chance you need a place and ours is filled up, no biggie as there's other cabins in the area as well as motels down 68 near I-75 which is only 15 minutes from us and we can always meet in this big parking lot on 68 right across from the Hardee's, real easy!

2 cabins are booked already...

2 cabins are booked already...

...and Hectour should be getting his today or tomorrow if he hasn't already! Things are shaping up great already and we don't even have the "official" thread going, WOW!:cool:

I'm hoping some of you guys can make it down. My house is roughly 30 min for the dragon and I go all the time.......... Really never gets old lol.

The "official" thread is now up as well as the cabin thread which is basically only for those who've made reservations only, this way its nice and neet:cool:

5 cabins booked already, but they've got 14 so there's still time and even if they fill up, there are more right in the immediate area:cool:

40 days to go!

40 days to go!

Since we're getting so close, I thought I'd remind you guys about our run and its not too late to join us for our 7th annual Fall Dragon Run, the longest running meet on the CEG next to Spring Zing!

All the info is in the southeastern forum, along with a link for cabin reservations only, so if you do get a cabin, please add your name to that list in there only, thanks:cool:

We'll be leaving the metro Detroit area on Thursday, Oct 1st around 5:30 a.m. and should arrive around 4:00 p.m. in Tellico Plains Tennesee, unpack, chill out for a while, get something to eat and make our traditional "get your feet wet" run out on the Cherahola Skyway, its mostly for the noobs, but also for the rest of us who've waited a year and just can't stand it anymore!!!

Hope to see you guys out, its really not that expensive of a run, about $250 would be more than enough for most people.

It happened slowly over the years....

It happened slowly over the years....

First I got JD to go, then Steeda went on his own run, then Pete and now it looks like Alex is going....anyone else interested in going:shrug:

34 days to go!

One week to go guys and although you all know about it by now, there's still time for you to go and join the fun. Cabins are available still and even if our area is all booked up, there are others right in the immediate area, no problem. Our group is approaching 20 cars and to keep the run going smoothly, we're going to send out 2 groups with about a 15 minute gap between them. All info can be had in the southeastern forum, along with cabin info. PM me for any details or questions you might have. Don't wait till next year, do it now...(next year is going to eclipse this run for sure though, but come anyways!)

Back