• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NPG fuel block pics?

vudusvt

CEG'er
Hey y'all,

I was just hoping that someone out there might have some good pics of the NPG fuel rail mod, with the rail installed.

The pics on the NPG site are somewhat small and I really want to make sure that I get this right. :shrug:

Even a scanned-in pencil and stick figure drawing will do.

Thanks.

**edit** On further examination (found a decent sized pic on their site), I see what looks like the stock SVT fuel pressure reg sitting on top. Can someone "label" the other holes on the block? I figure the paired holes are the fuel and "return" lines (which is which though?)

its pretty straight forward from what I recall. there are three ports on the adaptor, the two side by side are for the existing fuel lines on a retunr style fuel system, a feed and return. the other port is for the returnless fuel rail that would be used on a straight 3L install. iirc this is connected to the adaptor by fuel line. then the stock regulator bolts to the top.

Brian is right about the adapter. I have one installed on my car but it is in storage so I can't take any pictures of it right now.

Once again, thanks fellas :cool:.

After some more digging I came up with this pic that TRicker posted a while ago:

DSC03304.jpg

I think it shows everything that I needed to know. I think that I was just thrown off by the "long hose/fuel line fitting" vs. the "fitting directly on the mod" (as seen on the NPG site).

yeah i was about to post this up. i'm glad i can be so helpful lately, even though my engine looks horrible in those pics (its way different now)

anyways.

you can't mess it up. the side of the block that has four small holes will only accept the regulator.

the side that has the "H" bracket screwed into it is for the fuel lines. the lines are different size and are drilled accordingly, so you can't possibly mess that up. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RUBBER GASKETS THAT ARE INCLUDED! and i always put on a little bit of vaseline to make sure they slide in without ripping. when you tighten everything into the block, wrap it in a rag and lightly vise it so it won't move. don't go crazy on tightening everything. remember, its just tapped aluminum :) good luck!

yes be sure to change the o-rings for the fuel regulator for the male nipple and change the smaller return line o-rings too I provided with the kit because the stock OEM o-rings are to small and thin. Joey

Back