• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My latest mod..

I wouldnt want him to do all the prep work...and I don't want to do it either after the hours I spent sanding the ones I sent him lol.

Yeah, I just wanted to know if he used anything besides the oem stuff. Those stupid little rivets cost 2.56 each from Bill J. !!

On the stock brackets they just used metal tapping screws. Anything else really would just leave gaps.

um, stock the bracket are pop riveted on ... and with the new SVT side skirts that I got that was the mounting harware that came with then ... pop rivets ...

Looks nice...like the HT3's with it.

Have you run into any issues with the rims? I had the same ones on my SVT, and two of them wouldn't balance due to the wheel not being true. Odd thing is, I never hit any potholes or scrapped the sides...

No issues with the rims. I got them used of Ebay and they are fine.

I didnt use the hardware for the skirts to mount them... I lost it all :(
I riveted them using small washers on the outside so the rivet would'nt crack the skirt. I just lined them up and drilled into the body through the holes that are already on the skirts along the bottom and each end. It took a little tweaking of the skirt before I drilled each hole, but there are no gaps. I used basic rivets, nothing special. Pretty easy.

I went the easy route with prepping them. A little filler primer smoothed everything out really nice and filled 99% of the imperfections. A little spot putty finished the rest.

I came really close to epoxying the jack covers on and filling the gaps to make a completely smooth skirt. Since I have subframe connectors I probably wont ever need to use the stock jack points anyway. The subframe connectors make a much better jack point.

Last edited:
I re-riveted a set of brackets, the package of like 40 rivets was cheap as hell too

I came really close to epoxying the jack covers on and filling the gaps to make a completely smooth skirt. Since I have subframe connectors I probably wont ever need to use the stock jack points anyway. The subframe connectors make a much better jack point.

Should'a done that. I've never used the jack points, even before I got the subframe connectors. The covers are just too brittle and break way too easily. Car looks awesome, the skirts make a world of difference.

Should'a done that. I've never used the jack points, even before I got the subframe connectors. The covers are just too brittle and break way too easily. Car looks awesome, the skirts make a world of difference.

Mabye later on I will fill the skirts in. I still consider it every time I think about how easy it would be for the covers to fall off, get lost, etc. Right now Im on the lookout for an SVT front bumper.

Priorities, man :cool:

Doesnt bother me. When asking for comments, I know Im gonna get both sides-good and bad.

I was expecting it from PurpleMystique since he had the only negative comment the last time I posted pics :)

Back