• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

One clean SVT

my brain is having a hard time computing that low of mileage on any tour period. i think tha is a record low for tours built in taht year isnt it.

as impressive as that is, i'd recon any svt with 4k miles would look as good.

i actually feel bad that that car hasn't really "lived"

I remember smiling every time I would walk up to my old SVT to get in and drive, and I owned the car for 7 years. These pictures just made me smile with that same feeling. :cool:

Mark

I just noticed the car has been Knauberized, and the paint looks flawless where the ding guards used to be.

Yes, 19 "Axis Mods. 235/35/19 Goodyear Eagle F1's. Not a harsh ride at all.

Couple questions:

any rubbing at all?

Are you using spacers to clear the calipers?

What suspension are you running? It looks like stock or maybe Eibach springs (since the back is lower and is a trademark of Eibach's. Unless you have a sub back there or something)

Everyone I talk to say to go with 225/35/19. I have been thinking all along a 235/35/19 or 225/40/19 would look better.

Couple questions:

any rubbing at all?

Are you using spacers to clear the calipers?

What suspension are you running? It looks like stock or maybe Eibach springs (since the back is lower and is a trademark of Eibach's. Unless you have a sub back there or something)

Everyone I talk to say to go with 225/35/19. I have been thinking all along a 235/35/19 or 225/40/19 would look better.

I am running stock suspension. Its lower in the back because of this:
030-1.jpg

029.jpg

I really have no rubbing issues or anything like that. I have put a hundred or so miles on them so far without any problems!

I am running stock suspension. Its lower in the back because of this:

I really have no rubbing issues or anything like that. I have put a hundred or so miles on them so far without any problems!

Wow...everything is done clean and professional on that car! Very nice! Did you do it or buy it that way?

Oh...you didn't say if you were running spacers with your wheels. Do you know what the offset is? I have a set of 19x8 AXIS NE-O's that from what I've been told need 5mm spacers to clear the caliper. If you are not using spacers maybe that is why you can get away with the "235" tires

Wow...everything is done clean and professional on that car! Very nice! Did you do it or buy it that way?

Oh...you didn't say if you were running spacers with your wheels. Do you know what the offset is? I have a set of 19x8 AXIS NE-O's that from what I've been told need 5mm spacers to clear the caliper. If you are not using spacers maybe that is why you can get away with the "235" tires

No spacers. I am not sure what the offset is to tell you the truth. Audio install was done by the original owner. He did an outstanding job on it.

as impressive as that is, i'd recon any svt with 4k miles would look as good.

That's kinda what I was thinking.
If any SVT with miles that low doesn't look like that, then there's a problem.
That said, it's still awesome to see something so well cared for.

Spacers would make it easier to run 235's but you don't need too. The 225's were close enough to the strut so I never went any wider.

Aaron

Back