• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dyno the gtp

if you don't already know about them, which im sure you do, get with zzperformance, they are located right down the road from me and are one of the biggest aftermarket supporters for the gm 3.8 cars, also have the fastest gtp in the world

if you don't already know about them, which im sure you do, get with zzperformance, they are located right down the road from me and are one of the biggest aftermarket supporters for the gm 3.8 cars, also have the fastest gtp in the world

i bought all the parts from there

now i have more supporting mods now have a 3.4 pulley pcm, 3 inch exhaust, ported manifolds, water metanol injection, (that will go to turbo csvt), and more stuff that dont remembe r right now.

you are lucky to have near zzp i want a custom tune buth is really expensive the programmer i preffer to buy the xcal for the csvt

Yah I myself don't have a gtp but a buddy of mine does he has bought a few parts from there and I know/work with one of the guys that works there, great place they have there.

if have used parts cheap will be great dont know maybe a cheap pcm programmer not more of 80 dlls (very rare to find) or if want to sponsor a poor guy like me LOL

you guys have the better places in that part of america near me i dont have nothing.

MY brothers gtx put down 253whp and 304wtq

2.25 pulley. Heads were ported and so was the lim/supercharger. Everything else is stock. He is not a fan of an open exhaust....he wants it dead quit.:crazy:

harry tell him at the very least he needs to get rid of the u-bend/downpipe, it is extremely restrictive on those cars and it won't make it much more louder then stock as long as he retains the cat converter.

harry tell him at the very least he needs to get rid of the u-bend/downpipe, it is extremely restrictive on those cars and it won't make it much more louder then stock as long as he retains the cat converter.

Ron..you think i haven't told him:crazy:.....yet he leaves it all chocked up :blackeye: I even promised him i could find an exhast just as quiet but that will give him way better gains...Nope. All chocked up...i'm trying to talk him into putting on headers though....he likes the big hp gains...when i showed him the dyno results.:cool:

His 1997 gtx was the 9th gtx built that year. And that was the first year they started building them.

thats great man, I do love the gtx gtp's but I have heard that the 97's where the worst year due to them having a few kinks, how has your brothers car holded up? my buddies gtp has a full 3 inch exhaust, a 3.4 pulley, K&N with wizard cai box, and a few other odds and ends. not sure what it dyno's but I know it pulls hard and sounds wonderful, im trying to get him to bring it to spring zing.

thats great man, I do love the gtx gtp's but I have heard that the 97's where the worst year due to them having a few kinks, how has your brothers car holded up? my buddies gtp has a full 3 inch exhaust, a 3.4 pulley, K&N with wizard cai box, and a few other odds and ends. not sure what it dyno's but I know it pulls hard and sounds wonderful, im trying to get him to bring it to spring zing.

It runs fine...the performance shift option is really nice on the car. But he has rebuilt his trans 3 times so far...and he has 147k miles.

The car eats my svt up like no tomorrow...so the chance i would race him again without a 3l is out of the question :laugh:

He does have a fully functional ram air hood which at first was only for looks. But we took care of that :cool:

Oh his supercharger sounds awesome while sitting in the car...puts a :) on my face when i drive it.

MY brothers gtx put down 253whp and 304wtq

2.25 pulley. Heads were ported and so was the lim/supercharger. Everything else is stock. He is not a fan of an open exhaust....he wants it dead quit.:crazy:

gtx are the best buth very dificult to get one. or the 40 anyversary

mine is 2002 and dont have the performance shift button i install a 98 shift wiht the button buth have a little fear to make the modification when i make the dyno the guy says can obtain more high numbers buth the trans change early so cant test at full.

It runs fine...the performance shift option is really nice on the car. But he has rebuilt his trans 3 times so far...and he has 147k miles.

The car eats my svt up like no tomorrow...so the chance i would race him again without a 3l is out of the question :laugh:

He does have a fully functional ram air hood which at first was only for looks. But we took care of that :cool:

Oh his supercharger sounds awesome while sitting in the car...puts a :) on my face when i drive it.

i race gtp with my csvt and are very similar in times.

but thats with a 3L contour, not 2.5...

I have always been curious how my car would hold up to my buddies gtp in a straight line, I know his car has way more power, but it also ways a good 800 pounds more then my contour does...

but thats with a 3L contour, not 2.5...

I have always been curious how my car would hold up to my buddies gtp in a straight line, I know his car has way more power, but it also ways a good 800 pounds more then my contour does...

Yea...my brother runs 14.3's with ease....on stock tires....way back when all he had was a pulley, opt tb and upgrade maf. And of course his ram air intake system that came stock.

So i can't imagine what he is running now:crazy:

my cousin has a 97 gtp with an intake from zzp and also a custom exhaust with u bend delete as well as a smaller pulley for the SC. :censored::censored::censored::censored:er is fast!

It's still funny to watch the guy, that just bought his almighty GTP, hit fuel cut for the first time and my SVT still pulling on him.

It's still funny to watch the guy, that just bought his almighty GTP, hit fuel cut for the first time and my SVT still pulling on him.

lol... i would tease my brother each time about that. Then he got his pcm
reprogrammed....and that was the end of that.:cool:

Back