• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MCA's Race to Indy's Mustang Nationals

j21moss

CEG'er
June 5 - 7, 2009

MCA's Race to Indy Nationals
Mustang Club of Indianapolis presents their 30th Annual Mustang and All Ford Show

Friday 8am-5pm
Saturday 8am- 5pm
Sunday 8am-12noon

Judged Classes for Car Show as about 400 trophies will be awarded,

Oval Hot Laps, Autocrossing, and Drag Racing will take place.

Host Hotel and other available hotels are available

Proceeds donated to Riley Hospital for Children.

Vendors are welcome

For more information please go to www.indymustangclub.com or call Bob Coulston at 317-727-8111

also we are looking for sponsors to help out. If interested please e-mail Bob at bcoul@sbcglobal.net

Cool thanks 4 the reply & info! I'm def entering now.

update: as of today 201 entries have been received. If you have a Mustang and want your car judged by MCA officials, entries must be received by May 11th..also Friday's Hog Roast and Saturday's Dinner Banquet is being limited to 350 people on Friday and 150 people on Saturday. Now as for the other Ford products to be judged for Car show. you will be judged by MCI officials and entries will have no deadline but the dinners will still have the limits so best to go ahead and get your entries in before May 11th and be counted

Also on the Track events:
Requirements on track:
Drag Racing.. you must have a Fire Extinguisher and if car is faster than 14 seconds. you must wear a helmet.

Autcrossing: Fire Extinguisher and everybody is MANATORY to wear Helmets!

Hot Oval Laps: Fire Extinguisher only!!! as oval laps will be paced by a Official Pace Car but beleive me, you will be going fast enough!!!

just realized ur in Indy, thats cool.

Are you entering your car or doin any racing? How much is it?

just for show and shine.. I have to help put on the show and I retired from racing back in 1988.. but R/C racing I still do!!!! cheaper and safer!!! LOL

That's cool... How much $ is it to enter in just the show & shine?

I wanted to enter in that (show & shine) and do 1 of the 3 racing events but can't find prices on their website?

Since your the 1st person I've met on this website with a CSVT, I'd def like to meet ya at the show in person.

I posted a thread in our reigon (Great Lakes) asking if there was anyone in Indy with on this forum with a CSVT but had no replies? I wanted to start a monthly meet or something?

ok here is a link on registration on the show and shine.. reminder.. the racing events are included in your registration class.

http://www.indymustangclub.com/racetoindy/2009RacetoIndy.pdf

Update!!!! 240 entries have been received as of last Thur. Reminder... Hog Roast on Friday is about sold out!!! 29 more spots left.. Saturday's Dinner Banquet is nearly sold out as 10 more spots are left.. Get those entries in as the cutoff is still on May 11th for Judging your car... for show and shine entries, there will be no cut off until the day of the show

I hope so as well... I know a couple of people who has them but don't show up.. I have a 2003 Mach 1, and I try to get other FoMoCo products out there to strut their stuff.. It's not all about Mustangs as it is also a All Ford Show

I hope so as well... I know a couple of people who has them but don't show up.. I have a 2003 Mach 1, and I try to get other FoMoCo products out there to strut their stuff.. It's not all about Mustangs as it is also a All Ford Show

I just hope there's at least 5-10 CSVT's to park together with...

If anyone that reads this wants to come in from outta town, I have room at my house for 3-5 people to crash.

This is going to be a hell of a Ford show. Anyone who's close to Indy should come!!! I'd like to get some CSVT's there. For $35 you enter the show & shine which includes (only if u want) 3 races (drag, AutoX, laps around the oval) where the Bush Series races the night before the big boys at the Brickyard. I've been born & raised in Indy so if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me... Hope to hear from you all?

Jason

This Friday is the start of a very long weekend.

Stats:

Car Show 376 Entries
Drag racing 48 Entries
Autocrossing 37 Entries
Oval laps 153 Entries

29 Vendors

that means... are you ready????

ukfan50:: after working this showing all weekend, I didn't get a chance to see you at the show.. how did you do in the autocrossing??? hope you had a great time!!! will post photos soon!!

Yeah I was the only CSVT I saw and I was there all day Fri & Sat.

The autocross was tough, specially the way they designed the course (slow). I just ran 2 times, 1st was 98 with a 3 sec penalty and the 2ns run was a 94 sec with no penalty.

Drag, best time was a 15.523 in the high 80's MPH with a .128 RT. Bad wheel hop!

The brand new toyo proxe 4's helped on both the strip & specially the autox.

I'll post some pics up soon.

Back