• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RE-01R Closeout!!!

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
Tire Rack has the Bridgestone potenza re-01r tire on closeout. At $77 for 225/50/16, you can't get a faster tire for the price. Other sizes are available too.

I don't think that they compare at all. The re-01r is a all out summer tire. It is outragously better as far as dry and wet traction is considered. It would be a bad tire to have in climates contsantly below 40 degrees. The re-01r will only last about 20 thousand miles also. That's the only two areas where the 750 would be better.

ok, the 750s did good this last summer with the 3L and turbo even when almost worn out. i want/need something with great grip for the summer. on cooler nights at the end of summer where it was getting into the 60s they didn't want to grip cold. but in the heat of the summer they where good.

If you even remotely liked the 750's, you'll be ecstatic with the re01r's. You'll get them on the car and it will be like a magic switch was flipped on. Grip will be immensly more available. These tires will provide more grip than all other suspension mods combined. There's not even a need to worrly about cool summer nights.

If they were available in 245/40-19 or 255/40-19, instead of 245/35-19, I'd buy a set right now just to have. Can't beat $89 for a $274 tire.

I wish I needed a set of tires because those prices are awesome. I have brand new tires on both cars for the summer so there really isn't any reason for me to buy a set.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw S drives!

EDIT:Out of stock :cry: The item(s) crossed out below are no longer available.

Select an alternative item using the SELECT NEW ITEM button. If you wish to proceed without replacing the item, click REMOVE ITEM AND PROCEED.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Any idea what the price was on them? I didn't see that size when I looked so I just assumed they weren't in the close out.

iirc they listed at 188 and where on closeout for like $100 or $108 each.

I remember because with the cross out through the original price made it look like the original price was $100 and that the close out price was $108

Tirerack posted in a few forums yesterday. Their website was updated today to show the closeout prices.. the 217 ~ 225/17 R17 were sold out early this morning. soo tempted to the get a set of the 225/50 R16.. Already have 225/45 and 255/40 on order.. Soo cheap!

Back