• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mmmmm...beefy.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
P1010070.jpg

P1010071.jpg

P1010072.jpg

Not sure, I just got them a few hours ago. I have the front driveshaft out right now because I have to change the U-Joints.

when I first saw the title of the thread, I thought Glenn posted something about me :shrug: :laugh:

regardless, good looking tires! :)

looks like I won't get to fix the u-joints right now. I have to throw it back in tomorrow since we're supposed to get some snow.

Almost beefy for a mall crawler - I'd say pork at the most ;)

Hahaha. Surprisingly the last set that was on it from when I first picked it up were highway rated tires...and they went EVERYWHERE. So I'm sure these will work pretty good too.

That IS cool - bought 'em locally ??

Def. a good price, where are they from, my wife's Toyota needs new tires, that price is pretty good.

I picked them up from Walmart. They ONLY had the 235/75R15's though, and since my stock size is 225, they would not put them on. I had to take them somewhere else to get them mounted/balanced.

In the end though, I still paid less for it all if I bought them from the place that mounted/balanced them. I believe by $25 per tire. Not to mention it came out ridiculously cheaper than the 18's on the contour did...by over $220. :laugh:

Woot, new tires. :cool:
Tires with a tread... FTW!

Hahaha. Surprisingly the last set that was on it from when I first picked it up were highway rated tires...and they went EVERYWHERE. So I'm sure these will work pretty good too.

I'm sure they will - you will be amazed on what your vehicle can do with some awesome tires... like Blizzaks on a Contour... feels like insane tracking.

Update on the tires!

So I have the front drive shaft out...still, so I'm essentially only RWD if I get stuck.

On Wednesday when it snowed about 3 inches, I never once slid or lost traction going up/down un-plowed inclines that probably would have left me spinning on my old tires. I was very impressed with them.

Thursday, it dropped another 2 or 3 inches in my area. I had to go pick up my mothers fiance down town because his POS Toyota ran out of gas. :shrug: It sleeted about half an inch during the day and completely froze by 6 last night. I also live on a hill and the drive shaft was still out. Needless to say, I don't think any RWD vehicle would have gone up my hill from a dead start on the incline with anything short of spikes. So I spun around, went down the hill to a flat spot, turned around and cruised right up since I had some starting momentum. Again, I was very impressed with them.

did you say beefy becuase it looks like in the last pic you might have been crawlin through cow pies:shrug:

Back