• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT with ears

Recoveryone

Veteran CEG'er
It seems everytime I start thinking about doing some changes to my ride it starts to work better. I've been looking at the some threads about changing out my dash lights to match my new HU and then my clock starts to light up again after 4 yrs of being dark. Same with my power seat, it started going out, then all of a sudden it works without a care. :shrug: just got to love a ride that gives love back...lol

i had a CEL... on the drive over to the dealer to have it checked out after almost a month or more of it being on, it suddenly went off

Wish I had that luck!

All told though, the SVT has been more reliable than I expected of it.

They try, but they can only do so much, nothing like Stephen King's "Christine".

Mike

not what I thought when I opened this thread ... seriously I thought someone had made up some sort of ears and attached them to the car. Something like that antlers that clip onto the window I saw on some cars during the holiday season.

but I would agree. sometimes it seems the cars will run better when getting ready to work on them.

I was expecting somthing like this

PestControlcar.jpg

just with more contour.

not what I thought when I opened this thread ... seriously I thought someone had made up some sort of ears and attached them to the car. Something like that antlers that clip onto the window I saw on some cars during the holiday season.

Here ya go ears and antlers...

IMG_1361-1.jpg

Wo that's an old pic, I haven't seen bare headlights and a chrome grille on mine for a long time.

carcrop.jpg

my GL was weird like that.
The clock only came on when the weather was crappy/rainy. Or it would only display the time when the car was off. I think there were a couple other bulbs in the dash that would come on when the clock would come on.
We'd rejoice each time it would flicker on, and then set the time.
Then it'd go black again. pfft

lol i had a stereo wiring issue with my speakers,my back speakers were waaaaay quieter then the front even turned up all the way,so one day i threatened to smash the radio(i was really pissed that day) and all the sudden all the speakers evened out!!! Explain that!

When I bought mine the blower motor for the A/C didn't work at all. I had left it on full air and one day I was driving home from a friends on a super bad dirt road. I wasn't paying attention and hit a massive pot hole, almost stopped the car dead. I hit the hole hard and all of a sudden my A/C starts blowing full blast, worked ever since.

When I bought mine the blower motor for the A/C didn't work at all. I had left it on full air and one day I was driving home from a friends on a super bad dirt road. I wasn't paying attention and hit a massive pot hole, almost stopped the car dead. I hit the hole hard and all of a sudden my A/C starts blowing full blast, worked ever since.
Wow mine had the same problem but i kicked the fuse panel,you probably had loose wires or something

Back