• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new pictures of my 2004 ford ranger

Lay out as in lower it and make it a street truck. Being a 2wd variant it is the route it would normally go. Usually the 4x4s get the lift kits and such. Rangers look really nice bagged and smoothed out.

Lay out as in lower it and make it a street truck. Being a 2wd variant it is the route it would normally go. Usually the 4x4s get the lift kits and such. Rangers look really nice bagged and smoothed out.

I'm a sucker for a bagged ranger because they aren't all over the place, unlike s-10's which are like the Honda Civic's of the mini-truck world. Here's an example of what i'm talkin about.

Resizeof2005_08100001.jpg

frontsmall.jpg

although that does look nice i bought a ranger to be higer off the ground then the contour and when you lower a truck (I think) it loses half of its functionality

im saying im against it im just not for it on my own vehicle
i think the ranger it 2 low as it is

i had a 91 ranger that i did a 3" body lift on, well half a 3" body lift, and i put on a nice set of aggressive off road tires on the rear (since those are the only drive wheels) and it made it through a lot, i would actually out wheel some of my friends in their 4wd wranglers.

How well do you know me? Do you think i wouldn't call them that? Plus most white people don't look chinease, where you on the other hand do. Well atleast more than other non chinease people

You definitely are, but oh well.

On topic, I like it, if I need a truck in the future I'll definitely be looking at Rangers, though mine would be manual and 4WD, but then again, I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania and not in Texas.

why does everybody think you need 4wd to go off roading

i had a 1977 f-150 with some good all terain tires i took it through 5 inches of mud one time took it offroading severial times and never got stuck

i suspect this ranger will handle anything i can throw at it.

plus with freinds like mine that have the property to go off roading and do you learn a few tricks on how to get a truck unstuck.

just remember you don't need 4wd to go offroad but it does help

I don't think you need 4WD to go off-roading, though it helps, I mean with the snow, if I'm gonna get something only RWD to drive in the winter, I might as well get a Mustang.

although that does look nice i bought a ranger to be higer off the ground then the contour and when you lower a truck (I think) it loses half of its functionality

im saying im against it im just not for it on my own vehicle
i think the ranger it 2 low as it is

If you do airbags, you put it whatever height you want it to be. That same truck can be at normal height at the flip of a switch :cool:

Back