• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Awd>1wd

My progress is... Well, it's progress to say the least. When I got the jag oil pan in the car, i found out the hard way that it's about an inch deeper. So today I notched the subframe to allow it to fit. All that's holding me back at this point is a gearbox bearing. One stinking bearing. If I had it last month, my list of stuff would be a lot shorter right now. I just want to be done with this already. As soon as I do get everything back together, I'll do a short video to give better perspective of what I have done.

The list is getting smaller. It gets bigger too.
photo-1.jpg

The notched subframe
photo.jpg

I still have a little grinding and welding to do on it.

well he says he's got welding to do, which means he's reinforcing it. actually it looks like the metal he cut out was just inverted and put back in there.

well he says he's got welding to do, which means he's reinforcing it. actually it looks like the metal he cut out was just inverted and put back in there.

That's pretty much what I did. I used a new piece of angle iron that was slightly larger than the piece that I cut out. I'm sure the subframe will be a little weaker, but only by a very small amount.

I have been think about this for awhile too. But, like other I have too much going on to do anything. Great work so far.

More pictures would be sweet.

My gearbox bearing finally came in today. Bill Jenkens is the man. I'll have my gearbox back on the engine and in the car by the end of next week. I'll order the front drivers side axle and get that in, and then the drive train will be done. There's still a lot of little things to be done with the car after that like the fuel system. But the all wheel drive part will be done. I should have the car ready for testing by the end of next month. Now I'm really starting to get excited.

Since the last time that I posted, yesterday was the only day that I worked on the car. I was putting the gearbox back together when I realized that one of the bearings that I got is the wrong one. Not much has changed. I've been busy working on customer cars.

I will start working on my car again next week. Nothing will stop me from finishing it now. Not even money. I should be done with it soon enough for sure this time.

Back