• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Awd>1wd

well thanks for the info. so i'm right on the jag idea.

i know that goumba is running a stock SVT engine (for now)

i just wanted to know, because if i was going to run a jag, it was going to be turboed :D

can't be done really though. i'm far from finished with this damn SVT so i'll stick to it.

Me too, but it's on somewhat of a standby for a little bit. As soon ask can I'll start working on it again. It will really start to look complete then.

I've sorta been gone for a while.Yesterday I worked on my car for the first time in about two weeks. All I did was make the the center drive shaft bearing mount. It's strong enough to do pull ups on it, but I'm going to redo it anyway. It looks like poo and it could be stronger. At this point the car looks almost done. All I need is a lot more money to buy the few parts needed to finish it. If it wasn't for money I would be done with it already. I should have the rear gearbox mount done in the next few weeks. I will also have the drive shaft connected from the center diff to the rear diff. Until then, There really isn't much to be taking pictures of.

No turbo is planned as of yet. There's very little room near the firewall with the big fat transfer case in the way. I'm not sure how well the stock 2.5 is going to do yet. I've done well in the past without big amounts of power. I spend lots of hours optimizing suspension setup. I've set up my car so well a few times that I really couldn't use more power. But when I choose a poor setup, I don't seem to come close to the other competitors.

This project has had delays, budget cuts, logistics issues, drama, happy times, frustrating times, and a whole bunch more. Having said that, this project is not dead. I'll be putting considerably more money and time into it next week. My goals right now is to have the drivetrain completely finished this month. Hopefully everything will be done by the end of next month. I'll post pics and an underneath the car video as soon as the drivetrain is in.

good to hear, I was starting to wonder about it. Hopefully you get it done in time to participate in some events this year and let us know how it does.

This is just a quick update. I have the rear axles in their home. I pick up the axle nuts from ford tomorrow to finalize it. As soon as i get the gearbox back together, I'll have the engine back in the car. at that point I can notch the front sub frame and then make the motor mounts. I'll reroute the power steering lines and connect the drive shaft. At that point it will be countless little things to get this car running. I'm starting to get close.

Back