• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Synthetic?

I use synthetic, never put it on a dyno to see if there was a difference between dino and synthetic. I just like the extended oil change intervals. You save money in the long run by spending twice as much on a quart of oil when you can drive 3 times as many miles on an oil change.

Also supposedly synthetic holds additives in suspension better, dissipates heat more evenly, and lubricates better and more evenly.

The only reason I use synthetic however is economically motivated. Dont use cheap synthetic, buying something cheap always costs more in the long run.

agreed. and again, there are a lot of post on motor oils. i also havent had mine on a dyno but i have noticed gas milage and many other improvments

Thanks Man. Yes i live in Alberta , Canada where in winter its about -35 lol so it does get cold.
Though i was very lucky to purchase my tour, it was owned by an old man and he crashed the whole passenger side , He decided to rebuild it and get it passed through and inspected. With only 115,000Km on the Odo, It's very clean and i keep it nice and clean to because well im only 16 years old aswell and i know just like everyone here how hard it is to work and buy your own car.

Honestly you cant even tell. The doors/Windows and side fenders were replaced.
The only way is you could notice --- is if you stare at the paint and notice its a bit more shiny :)

hell yeah, polish that beast up nice and good. you wouldnt even notice. what are your plans with it, are you going to mod it at all?

Back