• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

No more Speed

ChattavegasSE

Hard-core CEG'er
We traded the MS6 in for a big family ride this past weekend. Rest assured our house isn't growing, but my brother's wife and my wife's sister are both about to pop. Karen just lost her job, but makes pretty good money babysitting, and we're going to need something bigger with a better warranty anyways.

We got a 2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor with 40 miles on it. It gets better milage thit's an AE86.an the Speed and it's an automatic, so city driving is much more bearable.

So the big question is Deal's Gap? That big thing ain't near as much fn in the corners. Don't worry kids, I've got a really awesome car to meet those needs. ;)

I was given a 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 3-door lift-back. Yes, it's an AE86. It needs a little work, but it's awfully close to running. I have a lot of plans for this little thing, but it will probably be mostly stock by the fall. It has the lowly 1.6L SOHC 8V 4A engine. No swaps are planned. :D

Good luck with the project. Post some pics. I have seen some very clean AE86s. And I have seen some very poorly done AE86s. I cant wait to see what you do with it.

I've got a lot of ideas for it. I want to eventually repaint it; the clear coat is peeling in several places. But first and foremost I've got to get it running and up to spec. The gas tank is rusted out inside; from having ~1gal of gas sitting in it for close to 8 years. Luckily, this thing is carb'd instead of fuel injected, so it's as simple as can be.

So far I have changed/replaced/bought:
NGK plugs
Bosch wires
ignition coil
Hawk ceramic front pads
Satisfied rear shoes
several other misc bits

I am planning a drop on Megan springs and Tokiko shocks with Pro-thane bushings all around. I am also going with drilled/slotted rotors, SS lines, and ATE Super Blue fluid. But like I said, the fuel situation is the biggest problem now. I'll have to replace the tank, fuel level sensor, and all the lines. Thank goodness there's only one rubber fuel line from the tank to the filter at the engine. :)

Progress pics will come.

I'm sad to see the Speed go, but you need to do what you need to do. It helps you have a pretty cool project car though!:cool:

Back