• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want To Take Down The Cobalt Ss

I wouldent count on the Road Course. The SS has LOTS of torque steer, and a Contour SVT would probably put a GOOD hurting on one.
No. Any torque steer it has over a svt is due to having more power, which can be controlled by that pedal on the right. Not too mention it handles better and would pull a good bit better in the straights. No way with equal drivers would a stock contour svt beat a stock cobalt ss in any race. Also, at road course speeds at stock power levels, that torque steer wouldn't be as big of an issue as you're thinking.

Why make it such a close race? Even a 3.0L w/ bolt-ons, it's going to be a close race. Most 3.0L's with bolt-ons are mid to low 14's, which is right where a stock Cobalt SS is at. 3.0L and spray would give you pleanty of room for error. But assuming this is like every other "what do I need to do to beat XXXXXXX?" you were hoping we'd say a muffler and a K&N filter. :blackeye:

Mark

I've never driven one, but based on what I've read, the Cobalt SS's handling ability seems to be about average and it's apparently really easy to trigger bad torque steer.

yeah its not just the ss its the ss supercharged one but he just got his lisense so i hope he'll miss a shift ohh and he might do the stage two for the supercharger and if he does im ****ed haa

Back