• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Question about tan interior

kjkcsvt

CEG'er
I have a black 2000 csvt w/ tan interior and have a question about the interior.

In my car the dash and most of the center console is dark brown and the doors are a light tan. Is this how the car is supposed to look? or did some previous owner have the dash warp problem and put in whatever he could find?

I've searched the site and have looked for pictures to see but haven't found any yet.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I hate that it's that way too! I was even thinking about pulling the dash and painting it to match the doors and such. DupliColor makes a pretty decent iterior color match, looks like it anyway.

Thanks and saw some pics

Thanks and saw some pics

Thanks for the info guys.

My next question would be then how or where does one find a steering wheel since mine looks like crap. Is that color SVT specific. I found a leather steering wheel in a yard today on a 2000 contour sport and wonder if it will match?

Steering wheels pop up in the classifieds every now and then. The hard part is finding one thats in better shape than what you have now. Usually a good one is sold within a matter of an hour on here.

i cant wait to change everything brown to black, either dyeing it or painting. i hate the brown/tan combo. it was the very first thing i noticed when i went to look at my car to buy it (planned right there to eventually change to black). black/tan is much more cleaner looking, imo.

You could try to find the Pumice leather interior from a pre98 and swap it into your SVT. All the brown tones match. I have the SVT seats in my black carpeted pumice interior and the only thing that doesn't match is the svt seats, but it looks good IMO:
4-26-09005.jpg

In a possibly related question, are there any fitment issues (color-wise or mechanically) when it comes to a leather pumice pre98 steering wheel into a post 98? I found some new...

Many fella's have done this swap w/o problems. I haven't but I do know that the pre 98 steering column is a little different than the 98+. The ignition is located differently, and the 98+ cover is wider. Due to the ignition being in a different position you can't swap covers, but I'd bet it all works ok.

I have the SVT steering wheel in my '95 with my '95 air bag. The svt wheel color is perfect with the pumice bag and I didn't have any fitment issues either. Would probably work the other way around also.

Joe, Do you have the interior color code for Pumice? I have a pre98 console sitting in my garage, but it doesn't match very well at all. I think I grabbed a gray one to be honest... :blackeye:
Erick --

Oh geez, no guys...... My '95 wheel needed to be replaced and deal came up on a P-Tan one way back in 2002 so I got it.

Back