• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

am i missing somthing

ok I checked all the fuse's (10 amp under hood) all are good besides if one was bad then they wouldn't work with DRL's or not .When I started this project everything was working proper. I also allready have a working fog light mod. So when I put in the relay (autozone special) and turned on the car I had working DRL's but when I turned on the highbeams only the passanger side high beam worked. Fog lights work ok lowbeams ok just no driver side high beam with DRL mod:shrug:

i really don't think you can use any old relay that you pick up, there is a specific one for drls that you use. so i would have to guess the problem lays there. get the true drl relay and the highbeams will work like normal.

also iirc when the metal jumper isn't in place and there is no relay the drive side high beam will not work.

I have the metal jumper but removed it for for testing w/ the relay ,also in one of the other post about DRLs somebody said they use a radio shack relay:shrug:

Not all Contours/Mystiques have the connection for a DRL relay. For some reason, certain models didn't get the DRL relay connection in the fuse box.

If you have the spot, it's as easy as removing the jumper and installing the relay. As EuroTour said, it's the high beams at half power. When you turn the low beams on, they shut off. They look great with the fog light mod.

DSCF1934Medium.jpg

This has nothing to do with the DRL's but that is just sexy.

Back