• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is it possible to ...

ST200

CEG'er
Is it possible to ...

1.) To use a US SVT ECU in a european car? I ask beacause of taction control and will our keys work?

2.) To remove IMRC and EGR in the ECU? Want to use a full ST220 engine.

With my actual ECU I've to hack MAF, IMRC and EGR. No tuning software avariable. Not ideal ...

People have swapped SVT PCM's into their non SVT Contiques. If it will work into a Mondeo, that I have no idea. Nobody has done it. You don't neccesarily need an SVT PCM to see if it will work. I would suggest picking up a base model 98-00 PCM and see if it works since those are cheaper.

The IMRC and EGR can be turned off via tune only.

The IMRC and EGR can be turned off via tune only.
OK, than it's possible! :D

... that brings new questions:

-What do I need exactly for that? I was on SCT homepage ... but I don't see what's the right product for me.
-Can someone help me with the tuning software? I think the will be no big "EGR-OFF"-button.

OK, than it's possible! :D

... that brings new questions:

-What do I need exactly for that? I was on SCT homepage ... but I don't see what's the right product for me.
-Can someone help me with the tuning software? I think the will be no big "EGR-OFF"-button.

I would suggest getting an XCAL from Joey at NPG.

don't european cars use a different "computer language" for the pcm? like there are currently 4 different ones cars sold in the US ...

Yea, pretty much. This is what makes it hard for them to get any tuning done.

I assume the car is returnless then correct? Any chance you could snap a pic or two of the PCM?

Do you need the PCM number (XXXX-12A650-XX) ... that's no problem, I can read it out with the Ford-IDS. For everything else I've to take out the PCM ... maybe this weekend.

Won a SFG2 PCM in ebay. Try to get it work. If successful, I'm back with a lot of questions! :cool:

The look is the same. Connector should fit, hope the wiring is the same.
i have an SVT RLJ1 in my 98 ST24. It works fine except the trip computer reads 0 mpg when stationary and 99 MPG when moving ??!! I have external PATS and upgraded to 19lb orange injectors for up coming mods. I think i may just use some of the tables in the SVT pcm in my original ST24 pcm, since the SVT/ST200 higher compression tables may be useless to me and it doesn't have the firmware for the trip computer which i use as a rough guide on how things are running...I'll be following with interest..G.

:shocked::shocked::shocked: No trip computer in the Contour?! :shocked::shocked::shocked:
I can't believe! This is one of the things I don't expected. Hope the later PCM has this feature.

Your best bet for a trip computer would be a newer Cougar... Some of them had it although i'm not sure if it was integrated into the PCM or not...

Back