• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally got it.

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P1151[/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2. [/FONT]

time for a new O2 sensor. luckly that is the easier one to get to.

you do know that the mil eliminators only prevent a P0420 and P0430 codes? you have to have working O2 sensors.

Yeah, but don't they just make them read properly instead of reading foul? I was under that impression. But apparently I was wrong. :blackeye:

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]P1151[/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2. [/FONT]

time for a new O2 sensor. luckly that is the easier one to get to.

is it somethign i should change right away or is it something that could be left alone for a while?

is it somethign i should change right away or is it something that could be left alone for a while?

you can leave it for alittle if you like but when you replace the sensor you should see an increase in fuel milage .... saving might pay rather quickly for the sensor ....

Yeah, but don't they just make them read properly instead of reading foul? I was under that impression. But apparently I was wrong. :blackeye:

the mil-eliminators make the pcm think that the pre-cat still exists by modifying the O2 sensor signal. so if you have a O2 sensor that doesn't work you are going to get a code for it.

Back