• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rally innovation harness bar interest check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bill,

Different colors are available but for the group buy a single color has
to
be selected. If you can get 5-10 confirmed, then the price would be
$325
each. Please let me know if you get more interest.

Thanks,

John Penano
Rally Innovations
Engineering

This is just an interest check. Nothing final yet as we do not have all the bugs worked out finally. A final GB will be issued when I get it all figured out.

Aren't the seatbelts adjustable as far as height go in the Contour? If so Steeda, just lower both of them to its lowest point and you got prolly three inches. 325 for: 4 rod ends, two lengths of aluminum and maybe 5 feet of cold rolled steel...plus some .250" steel for the seatbelt hoops and brackets....add in time and powdercoating and its not a bad price

Is that the bolts that it attaches to? the moveable ones? If soo Im prob game

Yeah I think he said that it attatches to the stock seatbelt mounts, but... Is that point actually adjustable? or is it just that plastic part that slides up and down to move the height of where the seatbelt comes out.

The ones for the Rex attach to "that" bolt Steedasan...so you should be in...cuz I couldn't touch it for the price....and the liability issues makes me wanna order one rather than making it lol

How about a month or 2 after Christmas? I would really like to replace my torso strap with this! Anything to keep me from wedging my knee against the door... the speaker grill causes nasty scabs.
The speaker grill does suck. I already have a harness (not installed) and seats but don't plan on autoxing anymore with the svt so I don't need it. The one time I did autox it, my knee was all red.

To high. It would have to come down about 3 inches.

The harness bar isn't even correct for that setup let alone my seats that are even lower

My Recaro's are on the lowest points of the mounts in the back, middle hole up front, but the seatbacks are reclined as far back as the harness bar will allow. Once the seats are set upright, the bar is at the right height.

And how low are your seats? Mine are set low, and I'm only 5"5.

low! my 5'7" gf can't see over the wipers but im 6'2" and its perfect for me.

heres a pic

DSC01073.jpg

ok i wasnt interested but i am now.

when i emailed rally innovation, a reallllly long time ago btw, i believe they mentioned that they wanted measurments of my seating position to make sure the bar would not get in the way of my aftermarket/stock seat's rake/reach function

low! my 5'7" gf can't see over the wipers but im 6'2" and its perfect for me.

heres a pic

DSC01073.jpg

I don't see a height difference. Are your tracks custom built or are they made by Wedge? Mine are by Wedge, which, from what I understand, make the tracks for most of the seat companies here in the US.

Anyways, back on track, once you have your seat in a more upright position for autocross or DE's, the harness bar is in the correct position, but for your height, I don't think the bar will give you enough room to move your seat back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back