• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic request.

^I had heard they didn't make them anymore so I'm not even sure you could pay the money and get one.

What about getting one for free for donating to make the mold? Just a thought....

What I'm trying to tell you... Even if someone offered a free one to us, one of ours would be destroyed, there is a probability that that product would never be made due to any molding issues that arise. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to risk losing mine and either are Bill or Ian.

You're correct Alex. I remember the price being around $600 also.
:(
Also, IIRC, they were only made for a certain vehicle/certain year(s) also. I don't recall them being made for a number of different cars. Allen thinks it was a Mondeo hatch that they were originally produced for.

Last edited:
^I had heard they didn't make them anymore so I'm not even sure you could pay the money and get one.

What I'm trying to tell you... Even if someone offered a free one to us, one of ours would be destroyed, there is a probability that that product would never be made due to any molding issues that arise. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to risk losing mine and either are Bill or Ian.

would you sell it to me... so i can give it to yamaha racer... then he can make a mold. if it survives... ill literally give it back

No way! Nice try. Ian (yamaha racer 686) has his own. :laugh:

would you sell it to me... so i can give it to yamaha racer... then he can make a mold. if it survives... ill literally give it back

Nice try, but in order to get it away from LUCA you will probably have to pry it from her cold dead hands. Even then, she may not give it up.

Oh and if you come to SZ, stay away from her car or face her wrath!

Last edited:
Nice try, but in order to get it away from LUCA you will probably have to pry it from her cold dead hands. Even then, she may not give it up.
That's is very true! lololol!

Oh and if you come to SZ, stay away from her car or face her wrath![/QUOTE]

You can look but no touching or leaning on it please. ;)

My car took a hit from some lawn mowing douche last year to the tune of $1900. :mad: Apparently he thought it funny that he mowed facing the cars in the parking lot ( I wasn't parked near anyone either). I didn't find him funny at all. The money eventually came out of his pocket, the company he worked for saw what an ass he really was and fired him. So, yeah, I am a bit protective of my ride. :D

m. So, yeah, I am a bit protective of my ride. :D

Understatement of the YEAR!!! I think you need one of those tags. Jeans have rivets, zippers and buttons, so unless you're nude, no leaning on this car!

hell you don't even want to look at LUCA's car wrong or she'll reign death upon you.

I only looked\got within 10ft with prior permission last year:laugh:

I don't lean on anyone's car so I guess I just expect the same respect with mine. :shrug:
I like that idea, maybe I'll have a sign made up like that Dave. :cool:

hell you don't even want to look at LUCA's car wrong or she'll reign death upon you.
That's not true. :( I didn't kill lawn mower boy, I would have liked to when he got his attitude with me and the company but he still lives. It cost him $$$ but he's alive. :)

We were told that they needed one to make the mold so that they could be produced. There are curves in the wing so that would make it tough to produce without another one to go by.
It would probably be easier if it were a straight design.

well, then i suppose i stand corrected.

That's better. ;)

I don't lean on anyone's car so I guess I just expect the same respect with mine. :shrug:
I like that idea, maybe I'll have a sign made up like that Dave. :cool:

That's not true. :( I didn't kill lawn mower boy, I would have liked to when he got his attitude with me and the company but he still lives. It cost him $$$ but he's alive. :)

I've seen pictures somewhere,I thought about having parkedcar do a couple for me sometime

If you still want him dead I know some ppl in NYC that could take care of it:laugh:

Last edited:
I've seen pictures somewhere,I thought about having parkedcar do a couple for me sometime

If you still want him dead I know some ppl in NYC that could take care of it:laugh:

I was thinking that also. I keep my stickers to a minimum though, the build number and the Elky "bagged" sticker. Maybe I'll do some searching and see if I can find them already done on metal. Maybe a magnet that I can stick the underside of the hood or something.

Thanks for the offer but I know people also. ;) I'm Sicilian. :laugh:

Back