• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lowering and Mirko Splitter?

SVTPHAT

CEG'er
I'm getting a Set of Intrax Lowering Springs that are supposed to lower the car 1.8 in front, and 1.7 in back. How much lower does the Mirko come down off the front bumper? Would be still be possible to put one on with the car being almost 2 inches lower, or just Pointless unless I want to trash it?

well I am on Eibach and the Mirko is at about 5 inches off the ground, the height of a soda can ... so far being careful I have only scuffed the bottom of it on some pretty steep corners and to when very slow and at a 45 degree angle ...

really depends on how the roads are around you as to how bad it gets chewed up and how you drive with it on the car ...

I have my Mirko 2 1/2" off the ground and it's still alive with no damage. If you pay attention to the road and take inclines at an angle and slow you won't have any problems. I think a Mirko's survival is all in the hands of the driver reguardless of clearance.

~Josh

well I am on Eibach and the Mirko is at about 5 inches off the ground, the height of a soda can ...

Weird, I've got Eibachs and I'd have to put a can on its side to fit it under my splitter. Regardless, it's all in your driving habits and your awareness. You have to know how to pull into inclined driveways, avoid speed bumps and pot holes, and any other dips in the road that could damage the splitter. The look it gives the car makes it all worth it though!

Mark

All about the struts too. They play a factor. I gaurantee if I had a Mirko with my Koni/Eibach I wouldn't get a soda can under there.

Weird, I've got Eibachs and I'd have to put a can on its side to fit it under my splitter. Regardless, it's all in your driving habits and your awareness. You have to know how to pull into inclined driveways, avoid speed bumps and pot holes, and any other dips in the road that could damage the splitter. The look it gives the car makes it all worth it though!

Mark

I am using BAT struts and the combo has been on the car for about a year now ...

Mark

Also have to factor in some bumper sag. With mine, all the molding materials added a ton of weight, so its quite a bit lower. But, it is worth it indeed!

Greg

Back