• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NECEG Anti-Valentine's Day Meet

It's been redone since you were last there.
I thought it looked pretty nice.

Yeah, Bush must have just taken office when I was there last. I remember the dull, scuzzy floors that looked more like they belonged in a warehouse than a bar, and the large clear lightbulbs that seemed to have been pilfered from a fried dough stand at a county fair. What's more, the place had all the sound deadening of the cargo hold of a C-131, so when you moved a barstool, the sound reverberated off everything in the room but the stripper.

My girl was telling me this morning about his comments on his last day in office.

He was saying that he was looking forward to Laura's cooking, and she said she was looking forward to him mowing the lawn and taking out the trash. "That's my new domestic agenda," he said.

We should -totally- invite Bush to this shindig.
I bet he'd be a riot to drink and view bewbies with.

Isn't that an oxymoron bringing bush to a strip club. :help:

BTW Here's the local rags reporting on the incident.

Springfield police probe early morning strip bar slaying
By GEORGE GRAHAM

SPRINGFIELD -The city's first homicide of the year came early Wednesday morning when a 22-year-old man was shot in the head while sitting at the bar at the Mardi Gras strip club downtown.

Police were summoned to the 91 Taylor St. club shortly before 1:30 a.m. and discovered the victim inside, police said.

The victim was identified as Jose E. Colon, of 70 Harrison Ave., Apt. 1102, according to Sgt. John Delaney, aide to Springfield Police Commissioner William J. Fitchet.

Police and ambulance crews performed cardio-pulmonary resuscitation on the victim at the scene, after which he was taken to Baystate Medical Center where he was pronounced dead just before 2 a.m., police said.

Police said Colon had been involved in a "verbal and physical altercation with several other subjects" in the Mardi Gras about 20 minutes prior to being killed.

"Shortly after, while Mr. Colon was seated at the bar near a stage, an unknown subject came up beside him and shot Mr. Colon once in the side of the head near his temple," Delaney said.

The sergeant said Colon "has a history" with police and was the subject of "many adult arraignments" in the county courts.

You cats really know how to pick an establishment.

I was walking down Worthington Street years ago -- cost me ten dollars. I was meeting my ex-girlfriend, with whom I'd remained friends, for dinner, and she'd asked me to find a non-chain restaurant. Since I was going to get there slightly ahead of her, I set out to the task, and ended up on Worthington Street finding nothing of interest.

What I did find, however, was a woman who was hitting people up for money. She was on the opposite side of the street as I walked by, and she must have switched sides at some point, so I did the same on my way back so that we would, once again, be on opposite sides of the street. She must have doubled back when I wasn't looking, though, because I found myself confronted with her. She made a flagrant play for money, and asked right off for like fifteen or twenty bucks. I'd never heard of such a thing, and I may have flat told her, "I'm not giving you twenty bucks."

She started wailing about how she had no money and she didn't have anything for a cab and how was she going to get home? She wouldn't leave me alone. It got to the point that I ducked into a nearby restaurant (that, incidentally, I had no interest in eating at, despite my search) and had them break a twenty into two tens. I have her a ten and got the hell out of there.

I was so pleased to return to the comfort of my Taurus SHO. My ex and I ended up meeting on Riverdale Street at On the Border. A chain restaurant, after all that BS. Man, if she'd just been ok with that in the first place.

Back