• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

it had to happen one day....

I hate ins. companies. They will write just about anything that takes a little bit of effort to repair. I know what its like to lose a car that you put alot of work into because of trivial damage.

There is a big difference between trivial damage and structural damage. Losing a headlight or bumper is very different from bending the chassis and the car never driving quite right again.

The damage comes to $3500!!!! There is rad support damage and a few other things that escape my memory at the momment. If I get offered a buy out I'm just going to buy back the car (if they don't want to much) and strip it and part it out :(

i am sorry to see this...:blackeye:

Sorry to see Wes. When you were talking about your car at the Buffalo meet it didn't ring a bell and then I saw this thread and your sig and I was like NO WAY! Hopefully you will be able to buy it back for cheap and fix it up.

The damage comes to $3500!!!! There is rad support damage and a few other things that escape my memory at the momment. If I get offered a buy out I'm just going to buy back the car (if they don't want to much) and strip it and part it out :(
won't a large part of that sum be labor ? You never know you might just end up with a few extras on there :idea: ..hope it works out for you ..G.

I know someone who has all of the parts you need to get that car back to how it was, dont part it out; it literally will take an afternoon or work to fix that car, and probably less than $300 worth of body parts, which you probably can find in your car's colour (wanted to be canadian for a minute).

I have a pretty descent black hood, fresh paint, but needs soem touch up on a few very small spots, and a few other pieces laying around in the garage from my black SVT Wes... just let me know man!!

You should really stop laughing at me after my misfortunes with my car:laugh:. On a mroe serious note it sucks that your car was written off, Oh I have a list of things I need off the car. Let me know when you need help to tear it apart.

Aaron

Wes, you should really stop laughing at me after my misfortunes with my car:laugh:. On a mroe serious note it sucks that your car was written off, Oh I have a list of things I need off the car. Let me know when you need help to tear it apart. Damn it if my damage was another $1,000 they would have written off my SVT too.

That makes 3 in one week. :blackeye: It really doesn't look bad at ALL. I'd be curious what exactly needs repair. Want to buy one of mine? :shrug:

Yep my 98.5, Wes' 99 and your 2000.

Aaron

Aaron....what happened to yours?? I must have missed it.

I never posted about it, but last monday (5th) the 80+ year old across from me backed into my car and pushed it backwards 1foot and into my wall and the car was in gear too:cry:. The projectors and CF hood are ok though:laugh:.

Aaron

I never posted about it, but last monday (5th) the 80+ year old across from me backed into my car and pushed it backwards 1foot and into my wall and the car was in gear too:cry:.

DAMN! That just reinforces my opinion that there should be an age limit on ppl driving. Take the damn ACCESS van, that is what they are there for.

The projectors and CF hood are ok though:laugh:.

:laugh: Well that's all that really matters

sorry to see this, wes. i was shocked when aaron showed me pics yesterday. it really is tragic :(

Last edited:
Which one of Rob's SVT's got wrecked?

Mark

The stock one, don't worry your old 3L is ok :).

DAMN! That just reinforces my opinion that there should be an age limit on ppl driving. Take the damn ACCESS van, that is what they are there for.

:laugh: Well that's all that really matters

What's worse is with my silver SVT it was hit regularly (had a pager alarm) but there was never any damage.

As for the hood don't worry I'll have your CF EVO hood soon enough haha.

Sorry to hijack your thread Wes.

Aaron

They totalled that??? I parked my SVT under the rear end of an Explorer while I was going about 45mph and I was fully covered, even included a rental.

The damage included everything from the front to the windshield including the windshield itself, both fenders, hood, radiator, grill, headlights and some other misc engine bay items. However, I didn't have any structural damage as the front of my car went right under the rear bumper of his truck and kinda made an 'acordian' impact. But my damage was close to $5500.

Which one of Rob's SVT's got wrecked?

Mark

I wouldn't really call it wrecked...more like dinged. Idiot me. I got into it to let it warm up while I scraped the ice off of it. I wasn't thinking and took my foot off the clutch (with one foot out of the car), and of course, the car was in gear and didn't have the e-brake on. Damn Blizzaks grabbed traction and the car went rolling. I slammed my one foot on the brake/clutch, but not before I had rolled into a Jeep. No damage to the jeep, cracked oval and mesh, and a 1/2" dent on the edge of my hood. :blackeye: Luckily no damage to the bumper/lights/structure at all, and I had planned on having the hood and bumper painted this spring anyways, so I guess now I will just have the bumper and a different hood painted. I guess it could have been a lot worse.

Back