• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Other then the 3L, What else is the contour capable of ?

svt_fan1129

CEG'er
i driving the 4cyl tour along with the se 2.5 and owned a svt as well. never driving a 3L.

Besides a 3L, do you think the SHO engine could fit ?

Future plans - make my tour RWD. Not sure if its possible but i'll get the blue print out on my spear time after I'm done basic and SQ.

:shrug:

Well.... Hopefully the taurus engine isnt only the only engine that can be swapped. I'm planning to go big in the future.

thougths/opinions.

Besides a 3L, do you think the SHO engine could fit ?
No it will not fit. Searching would help you learn.

Future plans - make my tour RWD. Not sure if its possible but i'll get the blue print out on my spear time after I'm done basic and SQ.
Are you some sort of hella rich engineer with some serious dough to throw around? If not, this is best left as a dream. Searching is your friend.

Well.... Hopefully the taurus engine isnt only the only engine that can be swapped. I'm planning to go big in the future.

Searching might not get you a happy ending but it will save you from getting chewed out by the veterans. You can also use the a 3L out of an Escape or Sable.

A brief brush up on your grammatical skills surely wouldn't hurt either.

No it will not fit. Searching would help you learn.

Are you some sort of hella rich engineer with some serious dough to throw around? If not, this is best left as a dream. Searching is your friend.

Searching might not get you a happy ending but it will save you from getting chewed out by the veterans. You can also use the a 3L out of an Escape or Sable.

A brief brush up on your grammatical skills surely wouldn't hurt either.

-took university course and went to engine designing. Then went into motive power engineering. ( has nothing to do with this )

-my grammer is not too bad eh ? Considering 5 years ago I couldn't even speak english. I bet my english is better then 60% of americans

After all, after seeing the v8 focus, I always dream of doing this to my contour.

:drool::drool:I have found that foot is best served with salt, and a side of humility.... sorry but this is entertainment. Thank you both:laugh::laugh:

The question is...do you have $20K+ to make it fit for a marginal increase in power over a 3.0L duratec? Bottom line is probably not and not worth it.

-took university course and went to engine designing. Then went into motive power engineering. ( has nothing to do with this )

-my grammer is not too bad eh ? Considering 5 years ago I couldn't even speak english. I bet my english is better then 60% of americans

After all, after seeing the v8 focus, I always dream of doing this to my contour.

The reason the V8 focus even makes remote sense is that it already has a trans tunnel in the frame. Have you even seen the underside of the contour Mr. "Engine designing" person? Because it sounds like you either a) havent seen the underside of the contour before. b) Know how a RWD car works. or c) a&b.

Not saying it cannot be done. But its going to be you building up your own contour essentially.

If not installing a 3L the only other engine to put into the car is a 2.5 or Zetec!

Otherwise a RWD Contour would be sweet if you have a lot of money to throw at this car! It would probably be worth buying another car.

- amyn

I'm 3 classes from finishing a degree in Automotive Engineering... and I could barely get my transmission back together correctly. Just cause you've taken some classes doesn't mean your ready to one-off a RWD car.

It would be bad ass though. But I sure hope your ready to spend a lot of money and time. Not to mention all the custom fabrication you'd have to do. I'd personally take that money and throw it into a car worth the money.

RWD Focus = Bad Ass
RWD Contour = Still a Contour

RWD Focus = Bad Ass
RWD Contour = Still a Contour

"RWD Contour = Still a Contour".......:nonono:

You Must be smoking! Imagine swapping all mustang engine/drivetrain parts into the tour? Still a Contour to you but to me I'm sure would be friggin BAD ASS!

RWD Contour = SICK!!!!

- amyn

"RWD Contour = Still a Contour".......:nonono:

You Must be smoking! Imagine swapping all mustang engine/drivetrain parts into the tour? Still a Contour to you but to me I'm sure would be friggin BAD ASS!

RWD Contour = SICK!!!!

- amyn

It would be pretty cool. I dunno if it would take it over say a RWD Cobra or an S15 Silvia, both of which would probably cost the same amount in the end.

Back