• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New intake!!!

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
For the winter beater! :)

Looks decent for $21 shipped...

ZetecIntake1.jpg

ZetecIntake2.jpg

I'll be installing it Monday I think. I want to optimize the TB when the intake goes on too. Stay tuned for more pics early next week...

Donations are always welcome... :p

After this all the car will get is maintenance stuff. It's not worth putting anything into. Hell, in all reality with how rusty the car is, it probably belongs in a junkyard. But it runs good and gets good mileage so i'll keep rocking it till something breaks that isn't worth fixing...

Donations are always welcome... :p

After this all the car will get is maintenance stuff. It's not worth putting anything into. Hell, in all reality with how rusty the car is, it probably belongs in a junkyard. But it runs good and gets good mileage so i'll keep rocking it till something breaks that isn't worth fixing...
Sooo, that would mean if the oil needs canging, you'll part it out?:laugh:

I actually picked up some oil and a filter for it the other day. Figured it's got 4200+ miles on the oil in it that it was about time to change it... But, the engine/trans will outlast the rest of the car easily.

If I find out my SVT has the older style input shaft that requires the older final drive gears i'll probably pull the trans out of the beater and yank the FD... At which point i'll call up the yard and see what they'll give me for the car... But, i'm hoping i've got the later one, the beater is starting to grow on me.

How can you beat 26+mpg around town with probalby 1/4 of those miles doing donuts and 32-34mpg on the highway commuting to and from school...

andy i think we need to install some turbo on the beater... or at least badge it so people think u have a turbo, then do some nascar style stickers of products u don't even have on the car like NOZZ, Quest, and dell... and to top it ALL off cardboard body kit of the saleen contour... hells yea!!!

and if u junk her let me know.. we will take it over to my house and have some fun in the woods with it.. we could make a jump:laugh::rolleyes:

Considering the condition of the underbody, i'm pretty sure a jump would split the car in two pretty easily... Hmm... *evil grin*

I think we've done enough ricer stuff to the car. I think next time you're back in town we need to do something about that exhaust... or maybe just make the mangnaflow/SVT exhaust you've got fit it... Wonder how that'd sound...

Considering the condition of the underbody, i'm pretty sure a jump would split the car in two pretty easily... Hmm... *evil grin*

I think we've done enough ricer stuff to the car. I think next time you're back in town we need to do something about that exhaust... or maybe just make the mangnaflow/SVT exhaust you've got fit it... Wonder how that'd sound...

we would have to have wheeler tape us jumping the car!!! *evil grin*

o come on u need more rice on that car LOL, yea next time i am in town we will fix that.. and no i have plans for that SVT exhaust:laugh::cool:.. we could put a cherry bomb on ur car that would make it a little better?!?:rolleyes:

Plans eh? You must fill me in!

I wish someone got me on video doing donuts tonight after work. 4+ of fluffy snow drifting at like 25-35mph... Snow was flying all over the place... :D

I was kind of thinking a real long cherry bomb to replace the resonator and then another one where the stock muffler was. What you think?

Or maybe just leave it, I really don't wanna put any more money into the car...

Plans eh? You must fill me in!

I wish someone got me on video doing donuts tonight after work. 4+ of fluffy snow drifting at like 25-35mph... Snow was flying all over the place... :D

I was kind of thinking a real long cherry bomb to replace the resonator and then another one where the stock muffler was. What you think?

Or maybe just leave it, I really don't wanna put any more money into the car...

i vote for the 2 cherry bombs... but that's just me... and plans well i will fill you in when i come home in a bit...

It is chopped off... :)

I got my buddies Pacesetter cavalier exhaust when he was going to throw it out. The muffler was shot as was some of the piping. So, we cut off the rear muffler, welded the tip to a section of that pipe and that to the stock exhaust. So, no rear muffler for me... :)

Oh, well then leave it that way then.

Although I must admit: I'm sure my car is louder and better sounding with the SVT exhaust as opposed to no muffler.

Back